The Last Outpost

Member Services => Engineering => Resolved Support Requests => Topic started by: TriggerAngry on January 09, 2013, 01:41:40 PM

Title: RPG-X CE 1.2 Problems [RESOLVED]
Post by: TriggerAngry on January 09, 2013, 01:41:40 PM
Hey, recently I had to redownload RPG-X CE 1.2 and I have run into problems. I have tried this on 2 computers and the same thing happens (one didn't have a graphics card, but the other one does and it is the same)

I load up RPG-X CE 1.2 and immediately I am met with problems: First of all, there is lag on the main menu, and the character display is really wierd - the communicator texture repeats in a square shape across his chest - this happens in game as well.The actual game isn't an improvement, and it is all really laggy. I'm not sure what's going on. I have tried some of the options in the launcher and still nothing.

I don't think it is a graphics card problem since the computer with a graphics card can run Half-Life fine (the one without a graphics card doesn't run Half-Life and since there is no difference with RPG-X CE, I have come to the conclusion that it is RPG-X and not the computer).

If anyone can help I would really appreciate it :)

TriggerAngry
Title: Re: RPG-X CE 1.2 Problems [RESOLVED]
Post by: Veritas on January 09, 2013, 05:44:34 PM
Hi Trigger,

Have you tried any of the graphics settings fixes in the Advanced Settings window in the RPGXCE Launcher? See here under "fixing GPU issues": http://last-outpost.net/downloads/info/rpgxce/manguide.html#launcher_adv

Try those and see if they help.

Title: Re: RPG-X CE 1.2 Problems [RESOLVED]
Post by: Martin Thompson on January 10, 2013, 02:23:18 AM
I was also going to suggest wht Veritas said. I had the EXACT  same problem a while ago (also with 1.2) and im running it on a game pc, so its EF not your pc.

Try the things veritas suggested (check the ATI OpenGL fix checkbox under advanced settings of the RPGX CE Launcher or try the renaming of the .exe). If that doesnt help try reinstalling RPG-X CE (deleting it completely then installing it again). If that doesnt help, try reinstalling rpg-x ef to a DIFFERNT directory then you have it in now, that may help aswell.
Title: Re: RPG-X CE 1.2 Problems [RESOLVED]
Post by: TriggerAngry on January 10, 2013, 12:22:39 PM
Quote from: Veritas on January 09, 2013, 05:44:34 PM
Hi Trigger,

Have you tried any of the graphics settings fixes in the Advanced Settings window in the RPGXCE Launcher? See here under "fixing GPU issues": http://last-outpost.net/downloads/info/rpgxce/manguide.html#launcher_adv

Try those and see if they help.


Quote from: Martin Thompson on January 10, 2013, 02:23:18 AM
I was also going to suggest wht Veritas said. I had the EXACT  same problem a while ago (also with 1.2) and im running it on a game pc, so its EF not your pc.

Try the things veritas suggested (check the ATI OpenGL fix checkbox under advanced settings of the RPGX CE Launcher or try the renaming of the .exe). If that doesnt help try reinstalling RPG-X CE (deleting it completely then installing it again). If that doesnt help, try reinstalling rpg-x ef to a DIFFERNT directory then you have it in now, that may help aswell.

Thank you guys, the WolfSP.exe option worked so I'll be able to attend Dauntless on Saturday Martin. Thanks again Veritas.
Title: Re: RPG-X CE 1.2 Problems [RESOLVED]
Post by: Martin Thompson on January 10, 2013, 01:20:38 PM
QuoteThank you guys, the WolfSP.exe option worked so I'll be able to attend Dauntless on Saturday Martin. Thanks again Veritas.

Great!