I'm having trouble with iostvoyHM RPG-X loading the Poseidon-b map. When I load it from the create server menu and also when I use the /map command. The map works when I connect to the original server. Has anyone else had this problem? I have attached the console dump text file to this post.
Another problem that I am having is the two shuttles in the shuttle bay (the 2 on the right side of shuttle bay) are missing the textures. Also the turbolift deck selection menu is missing textures. I have the textures working in rpgxEF using the same files that I am using for this. Does anyone know from which files the textures come from? The console dump also has the list of the pk3 files that are in my RPG-X directory. They are links to the actual files that are in another directory on another drive partition.
You're encountering the bad command byte/PARSE error, something that cannot be removed from ioCow but is corrected in the rpgxEF version of rpgxce.
The shuttle textures come from pak3.pk3, the expansion pack for Elite Force. This should have been included with RPG-XCE
Quote from: Telex Ferra on February 02, 2013, 05:57:34 PM
You're encountering the bad command byte/PARSE error, something that cannot be removed from ioCow but is corrected in the rpgxEF version of rpgxce.
I was able to run this map from the menu before. I'm not sure what happened to make it quit working or what I can do to get it to work again. I don't know why I am able to connect to the server with the same map and it works.
Quote from: Telex Ferra on February 02, 2013, 05:57:34 PM
The shuttle textures come from pak3.pk3, the expansion pack for Elite Force. This should have been included with RPG-XCE
I just looked at the rpgxEF pk3 files and I did have the pak3.pk3 file but I did not have that file in iostvoyef. I now have it in the RPG-X directories for both programs.
Thanks! The textures work now.
Trust me, it's a problem with ioCow. rpgxEF is the solution
Quote from: Telex Ferra on February 02, 2013, 09:53:30 PM
Trust me, it's a problem with ioCow. rpgxEF is the solution
ioCow? Is iostvoyHM ioCow or ioEF? I thought it was ioEF.
I just searched the forum and I did find this http://www.last-outpost.net/forum/index.php/topic,1232.msg7312.html#msg7312
I don't know why it worked when I first installed RPG-X in iostvoyHM. I do have this map working in rpgxEF using the /map command but i would like it to work in both programs. The only way I can see if the textures are working in this map in iostvoyHM is to connect to the server.
I'm telling you, there is no solution to this problem. This is part of the reason why rpgxEF was created in the first place.
Quote from: Telex Ferra on February 03, 2013, 01:43:22 AM
I'm telling you, there is no solution to this problem. This is part of the reason why rpgxEF was created in the first place.
I fixed the problem. I just went through the pk3 files that i had. I moved a few of them to another directory to see if it was a pk3 problem. It was. The file that was ztrvoy1.pk3. I removed the link pointing to this file and now it works. I don't know why this file would cause a problem for another map.
I did not really like connecting to the server just to check to make sure everything was working only to find out that it wasn't.
Thanks for the help in getting the textures to work and helping me with this map loading problem.
It's only a matter of time and more pk3s until you hit the error again. I haven't been able to launch any medium to large sized map locally for years in ioCow or ioEF
Quote from: Telex Ferra on February 03, 2013, 07:23:42 PM
It's only a matter of time and more pk3s until you hit the error again. I haven't been able to launch any medium to large sized map locally for years in ioCow or ioEF
So it wasn't that pk3 file? It was just that I removed one pk3 file?
How do you test a map other than connecting to the server? I like loading the map locally to see where everything is in the map and to check the textures to make sure all of them are working. That way I will know where to go in an RP when I connect to the server when it has that map loaded.