The Last Outpost

Member Services => Engineering => Resolved Support Requests => Topic started by: Mutatio Nomen on April 13, 2013, 02:50:19 PM

Title: Protocol 59 [RESOLVED]
Post by: Mutatio Nomen on April 13, 2013, 02:50:19 PM
Hey all,

Whenever I try to connect to the Enhanced server I get "Server uses protocol 59." and simply continues counting down "Awaiting Connection" along the bottom. I can connect to the Original Server no problem, but then I keep getting spammed "Connection Interrupted" and have a ping of around 800. I note I get the same on the TS client. :(

Furthermore, when I click on Favorites the two server addresses return as NO RESPONSE, so I'm not really sure when I click Connect which one I'm going into!

I'm using V.2.2 BETA 2 Paris, if that helps.
Title: Re: Protocol 59 [RESOLVED]
Post by: Telex Ferra on April 13, 2013, 04:34:39 PM
Quote from: Mutatio Nomen on April 13, 2013, 02:50:19 PM

I'm using V.2.2 BETA 2 Paris, if that helps.

There's your problem. You need to be running the enhanced version of RPG-X (8.4.4 Helsinki) to connect to the enhanced server. You can download rpgxEF (enhanced version) from the sticky in The Wardroom.
Title: Re: Protocol 59 [RESOLVED]
Post by: Mutatio Nomen on April 13, 2013, 05:21:13 PM
Ahh, riight. That's not immediately obvious unless you delve into the Forums.

Downloaded and applied, but now I can't get into the Original server - says "Server uses protocol 25" now instead. Also the Character Creator I've noticed no longer applies my settings, even though it says successful.

Not having a great time when I can get on either, since I'm 'pinging out' at 900ms. Seems my internets is not so good right now either.. ;(
Title: Re: Protocol 59 [RESOLVED]
Post by: Telex Ferra on April 13, 2013, 06:27:55 PM
You have two versions of the game; Standard and Enhanced. You can only connect to the standard server running hte standard version, and you can only connect ot the enhanced server running the enhanced version. You have both versions installed now so it isn't that big a deal.

Also, it's not too confusing since the enhanced server doesn't show up on the standard server list and vice versa. Are you trying to ip connect?
Title: Re: Protocol 59 [RESOLVED]
Post by: Mutatio Nomen on April 13, 2013, 06:52:44 PM
Ahhh, I am starting to get it now. Thanks for the 'RP'ing for Dummies' explanation of how/what the hell your supposed to do. In Character Creator when I click Patch it asks me if I want to launch rpgxEF or RPG-X. Solved! And I was wondering how to load my .chr files in RPG-X, when it turns out it's just used later in CC itself.

No, none of this is crystal clear, the written material scattered here and there is pretty vague, and assumes you already know what it's talking about. :P
Title: Re: Protocol 59 [RESOLVED]
Post by: Veritas on April 13, 2013, 07:39:09 PM
Have you read the manual that comes with RPGXCE?
Title: Re: Protocol 59 [RESOLVED]
Post by: Mutatio Nomen on April 13, 2013, 09:16:58 PM
Yes, one of the first things I did.

It talks about RPG-X vs. RPGXCE - which doesn't really help me - plus binding my character to a key in-game, but doesn't explain how to do this.
Title: Re: Protocol 59 [RESOLVED]
Post by: Telex Ferra on April 13, 2013, 09:40:34 PM
The tutorial videos DO tell you how to create a character in game
Title: Re: Protocol 59 [RESOLVED]
Post by: Mutatio Nomen on April 13, 2013, 10:54:12 PM
Sure, but I already know how to do that anyway. :P I'm referring to the manual talking about binding a character to a key in-game? Doesn't go into detail about how to do so.
Title: Re: Protocol 59 [RESOLVED]
Post by: Telex Ferra on April 13, 2013, 11:05:03 PM
I'm sure you can do it with a  couple of console commands

for instance

/bind h "name "^1CO ^7Telex Ferra" ; rank captain ; model impfem2 ; class command"
Title: Re: Protocol 59 [RESOLVED]
Post by: Veritas on April 13, 2013, 11:06:16 PM
Yes, it does. This feature is built into RPGXCE's Character Creator and is described in the manual.

Quote from: from http://last-outpost.net/downloads/info/rpgxce/manguide.html#charcreator
Key Binding - this is any key you would like to be able to hit (or mouse button) to switch to your character ingame. Key binding supports all alphanumeric keys and Quake 3 bindable keys. When ingame, you can activate your character by pressing the bound key (you must be connected to a server). Note that if this key is bound elsewhere in your RPG-X configuration, the bind may not work - or may override the key's other function.

[...snip...]

Using Characters Ingame

    Clicking the Patch button (ctrl-p) will copy your character settings into the file specified in the "configuration" field (inherited from the Launcher). If all the directory settings are correct, your character will appear when you start RPG-X. Your character class and rank may not be set correctly when you start the game - but joining a server and pressing your character's bound key will fix that.

Note that the "key binding" section is referring to an image immediately above it.

So what you would do, according to these instructions, is as follows:

1) Open the Creator
2) Load a .chr or fill out a profile
3) Type a key into the "key binding" section"
4) Click patch
5) Launch the game
6) Once in-game and on a server, hit the bound key to activate your character if it isn't already

Title: Re: Protocol 59 [RESOLVED]
Post by: Mutatio Nomen on April 13, 2013, 11:31:30 PM
Great, thank you kindly for this. I note that when I click patch and enter RPG-X, the changes even in model name and rank etc don't take effect. It is always the last character I was using.

In RPG-X (I can't get into Enhanced, goes straight to main screen) the keybind doesn't work. I have each one mapped to O and P respectively but nothing happens.
Title: Re: Protocol 59 [RESOLVED]
Post by: Veritas on April 13, 2013, 11:36:14 PM
QuoteGreat, thank you kindly for this. I note that when I click patch and enter RPG-X, the changes even in model name and rank etc don't take effect. It is always the last character I was using.

That too is noted in the manual; those will take effect once you join a server and pressed the bound key.

QuoteIn RPG-X (I can't get into Enhanced, goes straight to main screen) the keybind doesn't work. I have each one mapped to O and P respectively but nothing happens.

If possible, you should contact me on SKype/WLM (veritas@last-outpost.net) so I can take a look (or on Steam, http://steamcommunity.com/id/TheCheesePyro). If not, PM me the your .chr file for that config and your autoexec.cfg in the [install directory]/BaseEF folder.