The Last Outpost

Member Services => Engineering => Resolved Support Requests => Topic started by: Telex Ferra on April 30, 2013, 05:46:26 PM

Title: Model Crashes [RESOLVED]
Post by: Telex Ferra on April 30, 2013, 05:46:26 PM
For some reason, whenever I load some of Talus' First Steps models, the game crashes. I've confirmed this when on a local server, on one of our servers and on just the initial welcome screen.

This is the *only* information provided by the console after I make the command

]/model janeway/firststeps
----- CL_Shutdown -----
OpenAL capture device closed.
RE_Shutdown( 1 )
----- CL_Shutdown -----
WARNING: Recursive shutdown


Anyone have any idea what could be causing this?
Title: Re: Model Crashes [RESOLVED]
Post by: criminula on May 01, 2013, 11:23:56 AM
Its nice to know that my character's model is breaking RPG-X. XD
Title: Re: Model Crashes [RESOLVED]
Post by: Telex Ferra on May 01, 2013, 02:56:35 PM
It's not just yours, unfortunately. It appears that only mine is working.

However, I think I've identified the problem and Talus will have it fixed shortly.
Title: Re: Model Crashes [RESOLVED]
Post by: Ryan Stokes on May 01, 2013, 03:13:00 PM
I can't wait to see these models! Do you have a picture of what they will look like?
Title: Re: Model Crashes [RESOLVED]
Post by: Talus Roben on May 01, 2013, 04:51:58 PM
For future reference:

RPG-X sometimes doesn't like jpeg files for whatever reason (I'm not sure why, maybe the progressive scan encoding...). Anyway, if you convert all the jpeg files in the pk3 to tga files it should then work (or at least it seems to have done in this instance).
Title: Re: Model Crashes [RESOLVED]
Post by: GSIO01 on May 02, 2013, 01:16:58 PM
That's correct Quake 3 does not support jpeg files with progressive scan encoding. Progresessive scan encoding if for use on web pages and similar media and is nothing you would like to use in an graphics or game engine.
So jpeg files for use in RPG-X have to be sequencial which means progressive scan encoding should not be selected when exporting for it.
Title: Re: Model Crashes [RESOLVED]
Post by: Telex Ferra on May 02, 2013, 01:23:03 PM
Thank you GSI for coming and telling us the problem.  :)