The Last Outpost

Member Services => Engineering => Resolved Support Requests => Topic started by: Snake on May 12, 2013, 06:57:22 AM

Title: Failed download of RPGX [RESOLVED]
Post by: Snake on May 12, 2013, 06:57:22 AM
I have tried to download RPGX 4 times and each time it gets further but then it ask for permission to open when its not done and if i click ok it gives the following message: setup files are corrupt.please obtain a new copy of the program. I doubt it is the programs problem but if any one can help please do so. I haven't experienced this problem before or anything but my downloads do sometimes do funny things.
thanks
Title: Re: Failed download of RPGX [RESOLVED]
Post by: Telex Ferra on May 12, 2013, 09:28:30 AM
There might be something wrong with your connection because this shouldn't be happening

Don't try to open the executable until it finishes downloading though. What browser are you using, any download addons?
Title: Re: Failed download of RPGX [RESOLVED]
Post by: Veritas on May 12, 2013, 10:16:08 AM
How large is the file you get when you download?
Title: Re: Failed download of RPGX [RESOLVED]
Post by: Snake on May 12, 2013, 11:50:29 AM
now that i go back to it it says network error but i didnt lose connection of anything. I am using google chrome with no download add ons. I dont click open or anything,the default permission to open comes up. it says the full thing is 800mb but stopped at first around 200 then 300 then around 600.the percentage completed bar still says its incomplete but it just randomly stops.
Title: Re: Failed download of RPGX [RESOLVED]
Post by: Veritas on May 12, 2013, 02:56:17 PM
This is definitely a connection issue on your side. I suggest doing a couple things:

You could try using a download manager like FDM (http://www.freedownloadmanager.org/) or FlashGet to download. You could also try using a different browser.
Title: Re: Failed download of RPGX [RESOLVED]
Post by: Snake on May 13, 2013, 04:23:13 AM
Ok thanks
Title: Re: Failed download of RPGX [RESOLVED]
Post by: Static the Vixen on May 22, 2013, 01:43:11 PM
thanks
Title: Re: Failed download of RPGX [RESOLVED]
Post by: Telex Ferra on May 22, 2013, 03:46:04 PM
Were you having the same problem, Static?