It's time to have your say!
With the successful execution of the peace talks held aboard Pioneer Station, the currently civilian-appointed position filled by Deputy Chief of Staff Renee Hampton is no longer a binding fixture. Hampton has chosen to run for the position but must seek the approval of a committee to continue serving as Head of Mission through the remainder of the year. This panel includes the majority vote from Pioneer Station, the President of the United Federation of Planets, a Starfleet official and several foreign delegates. Failure to retain the position would have it fall to Commander Mark Chaplain in the interim.
Crew of Pioneer, state your name and your preferred candidate below!
Chiba Shigehito - Chief of Operations - Renee Hampton. A station with a civilian leader will be better than a starfleet led station.
Thomas Ford- Assistant chief engineer- Commander Mark Chaplain, This is a starfleet station and should be run by starfleet.
Alicia J. Costello - Chief of Security - Renee Hampton. Despite original expectations, Hampton has proven herself to be a great leader (And has saved all our hides on several occasions), and her talents would likely be wasted elsewhere. Also, she probably owes me a drink by this point.
Jack Willis - Chief Engineer - Do I think that having civilians on a Sttarfleet station is a bad idea? Yes. But do I think that Renee Hampton has handled the bumpy job of leading a station in a rough area of space? Yes. She has certainly gained my respect and as such, I vote for Renee Hampton to stay on as head of Pioneer Station.
Richard Watkins - Chief of Staff - Although I do not have a vote in the matter, it is my job to advise the President and give her information for such decisions. Our Deputy while promising from the start and giving us a successful Peace Negotiations, has proven to be a bit of a hassle as well. Among her latest failed ideas, the bringing of Former President G'rath to Pioneer Station which led to the Starfleet Officers under her to lose their focus and allow one of the most dangerous terrorists to escape while possibly destroying a Starship and Asteroid Base Alpha's Operations Center in the process. With this most recent failure, I must advise the President to reconsider the decision to place Renee Hampton at Pioneer Station.
Kyle Mitchell - Acting Chief of Security
To my point of view both of characters are doing their jobs well on the station chaplain being an excellent XO on the station for a starfleet officer, Hampton...she was a once again an excellent leader on the station even if she is just a civilain. But at this point I only have one vote to choose from which is hard for me but I have made my choice you can hate me if you like lol but my vote goes to Hampton because she is there to help me in certain parts in RP like yesterday and talked to me and bits, Chaplain you did help me but not as much as Hampton.....sorry
This thread will be locked before the episode on the 15th. By which point, all members should have participated. This is a rare occurance where an out-of-game action is considered reasonably mandatory. Thanks!
Michael Barnes - An Incredibly Long Title
Renee Hampton
Hampton has proven herself by saving our behinds countless of times. Also, she didn't get captured and replaced by Romulans. I hope not.
ACSO Jemma Etis (Before the events with G'Rath):
"Wow, this is a hard one. My working relationship with Mark Chaplain didn't start that well really, though after the whole replacement ordeal, he has earned my respect by several of his actions. Although I think he is a verry capable officer, I'm not quite convinced he's suited for running a station. After all, the times that Doctor Hampton where absent havn't always gone that smoothly...
Doctor Hampton has already proven herself the past months. She's not only professionally a good officer but also privately a nice person to be around and most of all someone to trust. I'm convinced she would fullfill the job to the best of her capabilities, altough I'm not quite sure this is what she really wanted when she started her carreer in science before switching to a path of politics. I don't want to have a senior officer who, in the end, will regret her decision.
Oh what to do, what to do..."
Ambassador Taval (Currently Residing on Romulus):
"Oh, so thats what Starfleet is playing on now. Pitting those two together, well, I couldn't have made a better match myself. If I had to chose, I think I would pick Ms. Hampton, she has the cunning of a Romulan, that is a trait I can respect. But alas, this vote is not up to me."
Doctor Timothy Rogan - Chief Medical Officer when Present
"Renee versus Mark? Well this is an interesting development. Do I want a station run by Starfleet or Civilians? Well Renee Hampton and Mark Chaplain have both proven themselves worthy of the position and I rather like their positions as they stand. Renee has run the station as I would expect any Starfleet Admiral or Captain to, even under the extreme pressures from the Star Empire and, well, a cranky old ex-President. I can't see a better person for the position than the one that currently holds it. Besides, Hampton and Chaplain work very well together! I would cast my vote for Renee Hampton for certain. Does Starfleet need a personal recommendation?"
Imperial Envoy Ka'teth (From his seat on Qo'nos)
"What? Starfleet is brewing trouble on Pioneer Station? Well I can't say that this is unexpected. Typical Starfleet. They see an honorable person at the helm of a Starbase and they have to attack them! Sure that honorless dog G'rath was a... blemish. And the fact that he was involved in anything concerning Hampton is a concern. I spent a time with Hampton... negotiating, watching her skills. Renee Hampton runs Pioneer Station as though it were something to be proud of! She and this Commander Chaplain always come together to find a solution. If they displace Hampton I shall have to be most displeased!" (at this point Ka'teth got up from his seat and refused to sit down for an hour)
Nathaniel Fox:
Has it been a smooth ride the past few months? No. Is that Renee's fault? Possibly... Do I think she deserves to keep the job? Yes! Renee has worked hard to overcome the various difficulties inherent in her position - not least a Starfleet crew which has, on occasion, been downright hostile towards her leadership. Pioneer needs someone in charge who is prepared to back up what this station stand for - research. It's not just another Starfleet military outpost, we have one of those here already...
This thread will be locked on the 12th - please can all members ensure they have posted a definitive Chaplain / Hampton vote before then.
You ARE allowed to modify your decision based on the events of the latest episode.