The Last Outpost

Member Services => Engineering => Resolved Support Requests => Topic started by: Thatonegamer on June 09, 2013, 12:00:59 PM

Title: Server troubles [CLOSED]
Post by: Thatonegamer on June 09, 2013, 12:00:59 PM
Whenever i try to enter a server ingame it will say "Awaiting challenge 1-2-3" And then it will say "Awaiting gamestate" And then it just kicks me to the main menu, Please help :(.
Title: Re: Server troubles [CLOSED]
Post by: Telex Ferra on June 09, 2013, 12:04:31 PM
Hey I made a new sticky just for you :P

http://www.last-outpost.net/forum/index.php/topic,5446.0.html
Title: Re: Server troubles [CLOSED]
Post by: Thatonegamer on June 09, 2013, 02:59:49 PM
client/server game mismatch: RPG-X v2.2 beta 8.1 paris

Thats my error for getting kicked to the main menu
Title: Re: Server troubles [CLOSED]
Post by: Telex Ferra on June 09, 2013, 03:02:08 PM
in rpgxEF??
Title: Re: Server troubles [CLOSED]
Post by: Thatonegamer on June 09, 2013, 03:07:22 PM
Yes.
Title: Re: Server troubles [CLOSED]
Post by: Telex Ferra on June 09, 2013, 04:15:55 PM
Then there's a problem with your rpgxEF install. Try renaming the .exe back to rpgxEF since you said it was working before. If that doesn't work, then you'll need to reinstall.
Title: Re: Server troubles [CLOSED]
Post by: Veritas on June 09, 2013, 05:41:49 PM
Are you CERTAIN you're launching RPGXEF (the Enhanced version) and not the classic version?
Title: Re: Server troubles [CLOSED]
Post by: Thatonegamer on June 09, 2013, 06:10:11 PM
I. Am. Launching. The. Enhanced. Version.
Title: Re: Server troubles [CLOSED]
Post by: Telex Ferra on June 09, 2013, 06:24:20 PM
All right, that's it, I'm done.
Title: Re: Server troubles [CLOSED]
Post by: Veritas on June 09, 2013, 06:45:03 PM
Do you have Skype, Steam or some other IM client? If so, PM me and we can screenshare, and I'll inspect your configuration.
Title: Re: Server troubles [CLOSED]
Post by: criminula on June 09, 2013, 06:48:19 PM
Just out of interest, what OS are you running, as I believe there are some issues going around for those using Windows XP, and some people have had trouble with Windows 8 in the past (IMO, 8 shouldn't have been released for PC, but thats a rant for another time).
Title: Re: Server troubles [CLOSED]
Post by: Chris Wilkinson on June 09, 2013, 07:00:02 PM
Quote from: criminula on June 09, 2013, 06:48:19 PM
Just out of interest, what OS are you running, as I believe there are some issues going around for those using Windows XP, and some people have had trouble with Windows 8 in the past (IMO, 8 shouldn't have been released for PC, but thats a rant for another time).

She said in the chatbox earlier that he had Windows 8 I believe.
Title: Re: Server troubles [CLOSED]
Post by: Thatonegamer on June 09, 2013, 07:12:27 PM
Again, Im a girl
Title: Re: Server troubles [CLOSED]
Post by: Chris Wilkinson on June 09, 2013, 07:24:53 PM
Sorry for the mistake as I didn't know, I have edited my post.
Title: Re: Server troubles [CLOSED]
Post by: criminula on June 10, 2013, 12:04:34 PM
I believe some people had issues with Windows 8 in the past, but I can't remember the specifics.
Title: Re: Server troubles [CLOSED]
Post by: Klaw on June 10, 2013, 12:21:02 PM
simplest solution there, upgrade to DOS, Windows 95, 98, XP, or 7 :P (Sorry - the rant against Windows 8 shall be bottled for now)

Anyway, I'd like to know if Pie was able to help you at all
Title: Re: Server troubles [CLOSED]
Post by: Veritas on June 10, 2013, 12:39:51 PM
Thatonegamer hasn't yet contacted me for help.
Title: Re: Server troubles [CLOSED]
Post by: Xellas Tollas on June 10, 2013, 01:48:28 PM
Quote from: Klaw on June 10, 2013, 12:21:02 PM
simplest solution there, upgrade to DOS, Windows 95, 98, XP, or 7 :P

I would recommend an 'update' to DOS and Win 3.11 xD - definiately easier to use and configure than Win8  ;D

All joking apart - I hope Veritas can help her :)