The Last Outpost

Gaming Divisions => Star Trek: Asteroid Field => Archived SRPs => Serial Roleplays => RPG-X => Crew Lounge => Topic started by: Grizz on June 15, 2013, 07:57:39 PM

Poll
Question: How would you rate 'Bad Moon Rising' by Grizz?
Option 1: Excellent votes: 6
Option 2: Good votes: 0
Option 3: Average votes: 0
Option 4: Poor votes: 0
Option 5: Awful votes: 0
Title: 'Bad Moon Rising' Discussion Thread
Post by: Grizz on June 15, 2013, 07:57:39 PM
Amber Munro narrowly escaped the destruction of the Athena but her whereabouts remain a mystery. Mark Chaplain was elevated to the position of Head of Mission and Pioneer superseded a barely functioning Asteroid Base: Alpha in the Accobar System. The Yara colony was brutally attacked by the rebel coalition as merely a show of wills. Doctor Hampton was abducted from her shuttlecraft, placing the sector under Condition Black.

Things can only get better, right? Where did Amber go? Who took Hampton? Will Chaplain remain still? Are we ever going to find out what's happening on Accobar Three? It's all coming together for the Season One finale. Thank you for attending - and special thanks to those that stayed behind at the end for SRP trivia and Twitch randomness. Rate and discuss, above and below!
Title: Re: 'Bad Moon Rising' Discussion Thread
Post by: Chris Wilkinson on June 15, 2013, 08:14:55 PM
Grizz....

You got an excellent vote from me for a number of reasons,

1) I loved the shuttlebay scene, it was emotional and very you. You have always been good with the emotional speeches and it is good to see that hasn't changed.
2) I am enjoying the buildup to the finale, I am already excited and slightly disappointed I have to wait an extra week :P
3) I loved the references to elsewhere (Guardian and Thohu) things I hadn't really thought much about in a while so thumbs up there =)

Overall, This RP was extremely good and I look forward to more of the same in the near future. Keep up the excellent work both you and Griffiths are doing.
Title: Re: 'Bad Moon Rising' Discussion Thread
Post by: Griffwald on June 16, 2013, 02:54:16 PM
Now, being someone who shares a dropbox folder with Grizz titled "Star Trek: Asteroid Field", you'd think it would be difficult to surprise me.

It's not. Though I read over the writer's guide for this episode (which was, somewhat scarce for Grizz, likely by intention), this episode still gave me goosebumps. Perhaps it was because attendance finally shifted towards the number it should be at. Perhaps it was because it was a Grizzisode. Perhaps it was because we have incredibly talented RP'ers in this SRP.

'All of the Above.'

Honestly, I have such a wonderful time roleplaying with you guys every week, and when Grizz writes the story - heh, that just ensures fun. As a part 3 of 4, I think it's safe to say the finale was written this way to really build up to something big. (I for one know Grizz does not care for Part X of Y episodes)

Literally every scene in this episode had me at the edge of my desk chair. xD Whether it was the depressing "Hampton's Departure" scene, or the "Colonial Attack" scene, time and time again quality story was delivered in a way that deserves a true screen to be shown on.

Oh, and there was deleted scene I wanted to share with you all.

QuoteBonchune: We've got work to do.

Chaplain jumps over Hampton's desk, slaps Bonchune across the face, and says:

"Then get off my Station and do it."

No, not really.
Title: Re: 'Bad Moon Rising' Discussion Thread
Post by: Martin Thompson on June 16, 2013, 03:14:19 PM
Verry verry good episode. Especially the plot twist at the end, By that time i had already forgotten about the shuttlecraft, but BAM there it was mentioned again.

Can't wait for the storylines to come together and discover whats happening with Accobar 3.
Title: Re: 'Bad Moon Rising' Discussion Thread
Post by: SFC3 on June 16, 2013, 04:06:56 PM
GRIFFITHS!!!

Don't slap my Bonchune like that!
Title: Re: 'Bad Moon Rising' Discussion Thread
Post by: Grizz on June 16, 2013, 06:04:15 PM
Thank you for your comments, everyone. Makes all the server restarts worth it.