Hello again! It's been a while. I finally got 2.3 beta 1 working locally, so I'm trying to get it running on my second EscapedTurkey server. To be sure there were no version conflicts, I wiped the server to start with a clean slate. The server.cfg is set to boot straight to RPG_Poseidon_B. It has no trouble finding the rpgxEFded.x86_64 executable, and the cgamex86_64.so, qagamex86_64.so, and uix86_64.so files are in the server's RPG-X2 folder. It just won't start at all. Here are some screenshots to illustrate my problems:
(https://last-outpost.net/forum/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fimg16.imageshack.us%2Fimg16%2F4963%2Fno9d.png&hash=669d444f8e7c8d10eb075c744fa707cdc25b4e46)
(https://last-outpost.net/forum/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fimg189.imageshack.us%2Fimg189%2F5209%2Fwogu.png&hash=6e239969a4a1b4be009b1bdda1263278135e1f93)
Everything looks like it's in the right place, so I'm totally at a loss for why it isn't working.
No error messages at all?
None. It just refuses to start. QStat server status constantly reads 108.178.55.167: DOWN.
Talk to EscspedTurkry support - when you change executables they usually have to approve it if I recall right.
I filed a ticket. I'll let you guys know how it goes. I understand there are lingering doubts about 2.3's stability, but just from local testing, the map compatibility has improved immensely. DH_RPG_USSAurora, RPG_Relativity, and Cassini_Beta3 don't crash anymore.
What's more concerning to me is how it behaves as a continuously running dedicated server with lots of people connecting - that's what broke 8.4.6 for us; it crashed pretty much daily (sometimes multiple times a day).
When I get 2.3 running, maybe we can organize a stress test? This way, you guys won't have to spend the time to reconfigure your own server.