The Last Outpost

Gaming Divisions => Star Trek: Asteroid Field => Archived SRPs => Serial Roleplays => RPG-X => Crew Lounge => Topic started by: Griffwald on August 31, 2013, 05:48:08 PM

Poll
Question: How would you rate 'Do No Harm' by Griffiths?
Option 1: Great! votes: 4
Option 2: Good votes: 3
Option 3: Average votes: 0
Option 4: Poor votes: 0
Option 5: Craptastic votes: 0
Title: 'Do No Harm' Discussion Thread
Post by: Griffwald on August 31, 2013, 05:48:08 PM
Well, Rogan is all better, Chaplain has proven himself a Doctor, and Laren has arranged for some crew leave next week. There were lots of bumps in this episode from a directing standpoint, mostly due to poor writing.

I do very much appreciate Grizz' additions to this episode, as well as everyone else who played an active part. I realize this plot was pretty restrictive as to participation, especially for Andy ( :( ), and for that you've all got my apologies.

The two things you should walk away with from this episode, are the fact that shore leave is coming for the crew. (Yes, next episode will be on that Runabout headed for Risa.) And second, the Tyrella Nano-Virus has made a reappearance, with Ms. Shaw playing a large role. Where will that go, only Grizz knows.

Please rate and discuss, above and below.

Title: Re: 'Do No Harm' Discussion Thread
Post by: Martin Thompson on August 31, 2013, 07:20:09 PM
Pretty good episode. Because it was mainly " do your own thing ", everyone was busy with something which made all sideplots a bit hard to follow, however I think that everyone got to do something to their own liking. The only moment i was a bit disappointed was after the break, the lockdown had just commenced and then... it was over... that was a bit unclear to me and I think having a few crew in the new bar for a bit longer could have led to some better inter-character development and a more interesting plot. All in all I did enjoy myself (I'm not trying to shoot you down here Griff :P) and I think it was a solid episode.
Title: Re: 'Do No Harm' Discussion Thread
Post by: Jenson on August 31, 2013, 07:50:27 PM
I had a great time! But maybe that's because I was drunk the whole time D:

It's also really nice to have some time for character development. Often that can be lacking in SRPs--especially on a global scale, as the push is to move the main plot forward and do CD by focusing on advancing one character's story in the context of the main plot.
Title: Re: 'Do No Harm' Discussion Thread
Post by: criminula on September 01, 2013, 06:09:10 PM
I enjoyed this, and as Jenson said it is nice to have some char dev time. At a couple of points I lost track of what was going on a little, but all in all a good episode.