The Last Outpost

Member Services => Engineering => Resolved Support Requests => Topic started by: Minutias on September 07, 2013, 03:31:09 PM

Title: Connection Interrupted [RESOLVED]
Post by: Minutias on September 07, 2013, 03:31:09 PM
Occasionally when I'm playing on RPGXEF, I get a "connection interrupted" pop-up and a whole bunch of 'Delta parseEntitiesNum too old.' alerts.

At first I thought it was my internet connection, but even at my new dorm (with blazing fast internet and low ping) I still get this error. Is it something else that I'm doing? Or is my internet connection just not that reliable? D:
Title: Re: Connection Interrupted [RESOLVED]
Post by: Veritas on September 07, 2013, 03:43:14 PM
Most likely it's server-side. The server has some - shall we say - "robust" protections against DDROS attacks which plague Quake 3-engine servers, and they can cause this. Not much to be done, but there IS a command someone might know to hide those errors.

The only reason it wouldn't be server-side is if you're having graphical issues, like framerate lag or anything. Does anything else occur when this lag hits? What happens to your ping (press tab)?
Title: Re: Connection Interrupted [RESOLVED]
Post by: Minutias on September 07, 2013, 03:52:53 PM
FPS seems to be pretty consistent, at least according to my OSD.

I'm not sure what my ping is like mid-connection interrupted because it doesn't let me bring up the menu. But afterwards, my ping seems to be just as before (hovering around 50-60).

I look forward to a command someone might now...   O.O
Title: Re: Connection Interrupted [RESOLVED]
Post by: Telex Ferra on September 07, 2013, 05:28:01 PM
/cl_noDelta 1 might get rid of the messages but may not solve the underlying problem.

For kicks, rename your rpgxEF executable to quake3.exe and see if that changes anything.
Title: Re: Connection Interrupted [RESOLVED]
Post by: Minutias on September 07, 2013, 10:48:51 PM
Quote from: Telex Ferra on September 07, 2013, 05:28:01 PM
/cl_noDelta 1 might get rid of the messages but may not solve the underlying problem.

For kicks, rename your rpgxEF executable to quake3.exe and see if that changes anything.

/cl_noDelta 1 worked to remove the Delta parseEntities too old  :)! However, I only know this because I had the connection interrupted a few times...

By the way, is there a way to add this to my shortcut so I don't have to keep re-entering it? Or will it stay permanently?
Title: Re: Connection Interrupted [RESOLVED]
Post by: Veritas on September 07, 2013, 10:50:36 PM
The best way to make sure it stays permanently is to add it to the custom commands section of the launcher's advanced settings dialog.
Title: Re: Connection Interrupted [RESOLVED]
Post by: Minutias on September 07, 2013, 10:54:03 PM
So how would I go about doing that?
Title: Re: Connection Interrupted [RESOLVED]
Post by: Veritas on September 07, 2013, 11:34:47 PM
http://last-outpost.net/downloads/info/rpgxce/manguide.html#launcher_adv