Hello everyone,
Following today's Serial Roleplay closures, I think that it's more important than ever that I reiterate how much we appreciate all of you trying your best to turn up every week. With the extended seasons Asteroid Field runs with, it's a long standing commitment and we understand that it's never going to be a case of getting 100% attendance every week. However, I would still ask that you leave us a quick message either before or after an absence, just so we can either work around it or know that you're still interested in taking part. I have had to remove a few members recently for dropping off the radar and I would hate to continue doing so. So please keep an eye on this thread! (http://www.last-outpost.net/forum/index.php/topic,4780.0.html)
Boring part out of the way, on to what's coming up in the world of Asteroid Field. As you may be aware, the nano-virus which first made it's appearance in the first season of Star Trek: Asteroid Base is making it's resurgence. Doctor Rogan has done many things over the years, but he has yet to solve the mystery of where the virus came from after Starfleet declined to investigate further after witnessing it's effects first-hand. Two teasers which I'm happy to deliver about the virus is that it is both the cause of Doctor Hampton's return to the station and Captain Munro's departure as a series regular after being reintroduced for the rescue of AB: Alpha.
But, Doctor Hampton's return won't be permanent. It's no secret now that the Hobus Supernova is just around the corner. We're over halfway through part one of this season and we will soon be entering 2387. I've been pushing it just by having a member of Taylor's administration play such a role in the Accobar System so far - but my time for justification has run it's course and Hampton's departure will run through the mid-season episodes. By the time we reach Hobus and one of the most trying times in the Federation's history, Pioneer will be helmed by a new leader. All the while, Chaplain must come to terms with being overtaken for the top rung of the ladder.
We're going to be delving more in to Costello's past as the Klingons make new allegations against the Chief of Security and Chief Engineer. We're going to be exploring life before Pioneer for Professor Nathaniel Fox. With Jemma and Lexi reunited, we're going to be piecing together the former's relationship with her Romulan roots. Michael Barnes will be forced in to an unexpected test of the leadership abilities he has been working towards since donning the red shirt. As a major calamity ripples across the galaxy, the peace treaty signed in 2385 will be pushed to it's limits - and not everyone will remain part of the deal.
Things are changing and I hope that you will all continue to be a part of those changes as Asteroid Field prepares to enter the new era forced upon it by the canon.
Thank you all,
Grizz
I'll be there!