EDIT: Issue resolved.
EDIT 2: New issue.
EDIT 3: New issue existed between chair and keyboard.
I download RPGXCE and the 1.2.5 RC Installer from here (http://www.last-outpost.net/rpgxce/).
The game always starts up as Holomatch and I always have to manually switch it to RPGX. The mod loads at low video settings. The strings on the main menu appear to be broken. The Player Information window is entitled "EMOTE PARAMETERS". It displays:
NAME: BAPACop
PLAYER SETTINGS: M..RACE: 166.50cm
CLASS: Lieutenant J.... HEIGHT: 61.04kg
RACE: 25 AGE: Human
Entering the "Configuration" menus and trying to change anything results in a CTD. Player Settings works correctly but clicking "Commit Changes" displays the text "n00b". Attempting to connect to the TLO server provides these messages:
CD KEY...1
CD KEY...2
something too fast for me to read
Awaiting connection
The game then returns to the main menu. The top of the connecting screen reads "DEFAULT VALUE 0". When it disconnects I see the text "VELOCITY" in the top-left corner briefly. The quit menu reads "Default value 0 (OFF)". The splash screen as it closes reads "Must be between 0 and MAX CLIENTS" with "VELOCITY" in the top-left corner.
If the game is opened and then saved-and-quit via the main menu, the CTD when browsing configuration screens stops occurring. The menus themselves, however, are still broken.
CONTROLS menu
Any controls with multiple bindings read as
1 LEAVING HOLOMATCH 2
F LEAVING HOLOMATCH Q
etc.
VIDEO menu
VIDEO OPTIONS
High Quality
Normal
Fast
Fastest
Custom
Continue
Default
Voodoo
Continue
512x384
640x480
800x600
960x720
1024x768
1152x864
1280x1024
1600x1200
2048x1536
Continue
Normal (4:3)
Widescreen (16:9)
Widescreen (16:10)
Continue
GL EXTENSIONS
Off
On
Continue
Off
Holographic Characters : %d - %d
Safe
Continue
Elite Force - RPG-X : CD Key
[blank space here]
Ensign
Server Options
Elite Force - RPG-X : Configure
Centre of the Milky Way Galaxy, rumoured location of Sha Ka Ree.
ASPECT RATIO
Normal (4:3)
Widescreen (16:9)
Widescreen (16:10)
Continue
VIDEO MODE
512x384
640x480
800x600
960x720
1024x768
1152x864
1280x1024
1600x1200
2048x1536
Continue
Normal (4:3)
Widescreen (16:9)
Widescreen (16:10)
Continue
COLOUR DEPTH
Attempting to change this option results in a CTD.
FULL SCREEN
Off
On
Continue
Off
Holographic Characters : %d - %d
Safe
Continue
Elite Force - RPG-X : CD Key
GEOMETRIC DETAIL
CTD
TEXTURE DETAIL
CTD
TEXTURE QUALITY
CTD (after this CTD all Configuration options began to cause a CTD again)
TEXTURE FILTER
CTD
SIMPLE SHADERS
Off
On
Continue
Off
Holographic Characters : %d - %d
Safe
Continue
Elite Force - RPG-X : CD Key
COMPRESSED TEXTURES
Off
On
Continue
Off
Holographic Characters : %d - %d
Safe
Continue
Elite Force - RPG-X : CD Key
SOUND/NETWORK menu
First sub-heading: %s roam.
DATA RATE
Lower Left
<=28.8k
33.6k
56k
ISDN
Continue
Second sub-heading: Network
SOUND QUALITY
Low
High
Continue
Upon setting Sound Quality to anything, the game suddenly shifted to
1920x1080 resolution and began causing a CTD when selecting Video
Settings.
A3D
CTD
GAME OPTIONS menu
All options on the menu cause a CTD.
Additionally, whenever the game closes, regardless of whether it was closed manually or crashed a box appears:
"VM_Free(ui) on running vm. Copy console log to clipboard?"
I can't post the full console log because it exceeds the post character limit by 12,000 characters. However, I noticed the following things that seem "odd"...
Unknown command "cg_drawtimer^7"
Unknown command "cg_drawfps^7"
Unknown command " +set FS_GAME RPG-X2 +set FS_HOMEPATH ^7"
^3WARNING: Framebuffer rendering path disabled
WARNING: You are missing some files referenced by the server:
RPG-X2/sgeranksandclasses.pk3
You might not be able to join the game
Go to the setting menu to turn on autodownload, or get the file elsewhere
ERROR: Client/Server game mismatch: RPG-X v2.1/
^1UI_ParseMenuText : too many values! Needed 530 but got 531.
^1UI_ParseButtonText : too many values! Needed 334 but got 335.
WARNING: Recursive shutdown
Standard RPG-X displays my version as "RPG-X V2.2 BETA 8.1 PARIS"
RPGXEF reports the version as "RPG-X V2.1"
I feel like I missed a download somewhere or something equally obvious but I can't figure out what it is.
Are you starting RPGXEF from the RPGXCE Launcher?
If so, don't. It's bugged until I fix it in the upcoming patch.
Starting it via either the launcher or directly from rpgxEF.exe both have the same issues.
You shouldn't do either - use the start menu or desktop shortcuts.
Create a shortcut to rpgxEF.exe, then add a space after the " on the target line and paste this:
+set fs_game RPG-X2 +set vm_ui 0 +set vm_game 0 +set vm_cgame 0
Click apply, then use that shortcut to launch rpgxEF from here on out.
Okay, that makes the UI work properly. I still can't connect to the server, though. I'm missing sgeranksandclasses.pk3 and the server doesn't allow autodownloading. This file apparently wasn't included in RPGXCE or the RC1 update, and I can't seem to find it in the download area.
Quote from: BAPACop on October 22, 2013, 03:42:02 PM
Okay, that makes the UI work properly. I still can't connect to the server, though. I'm missing sgeranksandclasses.pk3 and the server doesn't allow autodownloading. This file apparently wasn't included in RPGXCE or the RC1 update, and I can't seem to find it in the download area.
Go into configure and turn auto downloading off. This file is from an old event and is not a required file to connect to the server; unfortunately the server throws a fit if you have auto downloading on and don't have every single file it has, regardless of whether it's actually in use.
Okay, that's got everything working now. Thanks for your help!
Excellent! :D