The Last Outpost

Gaming Divisions => Star Trek: Asteroid Field => Archived SRPs => Serial Roleplays => RPG-X => Crew Lounge => Topic started by: Grizz on November 10, 2013, 08:14:43 AM

Poll
Question: How would you rate 'Bête Noire?'
Option 1: Excellent
Option 2: Good
Option 3: Average
Option 4: Poor
Option 5: Awful
Title: 'Bête Noire' Discussion Thread
Post by: Grizz on November 10, 2013, 08:14:43 AM
I would honestly rank this as the worst episode of Asteroid Base / Asteroid Field that I have run. Mainly due to how rushed it ended up being, despite little progress really being made. The first half was taken over by 2-3 very stretched out scenes, one of which boiled down to only two characters. We were two department heads down - with Security and Engineering due to make important developments, with only 1 officer manning each. Bringing this story concept forward may also have been a mistake - with the command staff transition period underway. But this allowed Barnes to call the shots and gave him a chance to prove that he deserves to wear the red. Also Tabor was able to sit down with Jemma - which was an important thing to have happen.

I'll be working this week to ensure a more well-rounded instalment next week. Nevertheless, thank you for attending. Rate and discuss, above and below.
Title: Re: 'Bête Noire' Discussion Thread
Post by: Martin Thompson on November 10, 2013, 08:22:29 AM
Despite the last minute changes, I still felt a large part of the main plot has been treated. Even with the missing department heads (something you just have to improvise) I think the story went ahead quite smoothly. I personally don't mind it if a scene is a bit longer, I don't have to see action and excitement the entire SRP and those are good moments for the rest of the crew to get some minor character development going.

I enjoyed the references to some more popular new series airing on TV. All in all i think this still was a solid episode, even if it didn't went 100% like planned.