The Last Outpost

Gaming Divisions => Star Trek: Asteroid Field => Archived SRPs => Serial Roleplays => RPG-X => Crew Lounge => Topic started by: Grizz on November 30, 2013, 06:10:20 PM

Poll
Question: How would you rate 'Fox and the Hounds' by Grizz & Talus
Option 1: Excellent
Option 2: Good
Option 3: Average
Option 4: Poor
Option 5: Awful
Title: "Fox and the Hounds" Discussion Thread
Post by: Grizz on November 30, 2013, 06:10:20 PM
A sudden change in tone and pacing this week....

"Onwards!"

With Fox locked away in the present day, we took a short trip down memory lane as the good Professor led his class on an unorthodox search and rescue mission within a mysterious research facility. Unseen aliens had ravaged the base while a research project left under lock and key remained a mystery. All the while, Roxanne Swan (previously appeared aboard Asteroid Base: Alpha via means of Accobarian technology - all the way from the Classic Asteroid Base series) was popping in and out between repairing her shuttle.

Not hanging around to investigate further, Swan departed in the shuttle while Fox led his students back to their runabout. As a result of this outing, Fox was suspended from Starfleet Academy. His daze would lead him to allowing Walter Peirce access to the East Tower - from where he would attempt to take out the President of the United Federation of Planets - with his cadets and the crew of Asteroid Base: Alpha nearby (http://www.last-outpost.net/forum/index.php/topic,4171.0.html) - and Renee Hampton on the inside.

"Fix it."

Although Barnes chose not to pursue the Fox case further, Etis revealed to Hampton how they came to be in possession of the incriminating footage. Knowing better than to put herself back in the middle of Pioneer's internal affairs, she chose not to interfere but warned Barnes to tread carefully - later reminding Fox that she entrusted him to look after the Pioneer Station vision. It remains to be seen what becomes of Peirce and what long game he seems to be playing. Not to mention what Swan was doing.

The answers are still out there, but the wait stretches out before them. Details for next week's episode penned by Greg House will be up as soon as possible - which of course will be followed by a holiday special and the anniversary episode! In the meantime, thank you all for attending and playing your surprise new roles with ease - rate and discuss, above and below!

Grizz  ^-^
Title: Re: "Fox and the Hounds" Discussion Thread
Post by: Jon Riker on November 30, 2013, 06:13:11 PM
Good episode, but I felt it could of went in more in-depth of the character Swan, the cadet part of the story though dragged on at parts. It was mostly "HELP US, WE'RE STUCK" after "WE'RE STUCK IN HERE TOO, HELP US'. Felt like a long half a hour to get them out of there. But great ending

The more development of a character in one episode, the better
Title: Re: "Fox and the Hounds" Discussion Thread
Post by: Grizz on November 30, 2013, 06:21:31 PM
On the subject of Swan, with her being an ambiguous character, it was only ever going to be fleeting. She was the Chief Science Officer for a while in another part of the multiverse (some members will remember that) - but her presence in this series up to now has been accidental and not entirely explained. Intentionally, for once. I could have done more with her here, but decided not to let it get in the way of Talus' guidance.

Speaking of which, I didn't want to direct Talus every step of the way. Bar a few points, I wanted to give him a chance to play Fox during his golden years of teaching - for the first time, if I'm not mistaken.  It was very loose, which may have been a mistake - or not. I had Swan step in if no solution was coming. But other times, you guys came up with your own ideas and solutions, which is what I was happy to see. Use of the transporter and communications systems, for example.

Thanks for your feedback  :)
Title: Re: "Fox and the Hounds" Discussion Thread
Post by: Archibald on November 30, 2013, 06:28:04 PM
I liked the episode personally it mixed things up nicely going from a worthless goldshirt on a working space station to a worthless redshirt on a damaged one. But yeah I think that it sometimes felt a bit like "let's go here", "Let's go here", "We're lost"....."Wait I know...let's go here", but that was just my personal experience. 

Also Fred Sanchez!!
Title: Re: "Fox and the Hounds" Discussion Thread
Post by: Lucas Picard on November 30, 2013, 06:54:15 PM
Another good episode but I am sorry that I didn't see the beginning of the episode I had issues logging on and dealing with stuff with Martin but yeah an excellent episode guys!
Title: Re: "Fox and the Hounds" Discussion Thread
Post by: Martin Thompson on December 01, 2013, 08:54:21 AM
Good episode, really enjoyed it to see some of the past there. Good job for Talus also playing Fox and for explaining more about what happened that day 3 years ago.
Title: Re: "Fox and the Hounds" Discussion Thread
Post by: Talus Roben on December 01, 2013, 09:24:06 AM
I think the episode started strongly and ended well. The majority of the flashback fell a bit flat though I think - but I had fun nontheless. :)