Poll
Question:
Should Star Trek: Asteroid Field Continue Beyond March 2014?
Option 1: Yea - We haven't come this far just to let it end here!
votes: 12
Option 2: Nay - Let this station gather dust. Surrender the SRP Slot!
votes: 0
Option 3: Not Sure - I'll decide later!
votes: 2
Greetings, one and all.
I wanted to combine my thoughts with your feedback. In the wake of Griffiths' departure in September, I announced that Asteroid Field would conclude with it's third season. However, looking back, I do not believe this was fair.
Asteroid Field began in January. To see us almost a month out of completing the second season in December tells me that I made a mistake. With the previous format, we could have been preparing for Season Four by now, with the special episode in-between. The prolonged first season combined with the disruptions brought about by the second have brought us to this point.
But I have a vision.
Not only am I committed to returning to a 12-episode format, but also to ensure that the break between Season 2 and 3 is filled with new content on the side. On top of which, with the shorter seasons, I believe we can see Pioneer Station through to the 7th anniversary of the Accobar System without the problems which have plagued the spin-off to date. I have started to secure this statement behind the scenes - details of which will hopefully start to emerge shortly.
But my vision doesn't start and finish with me. It's up to you as to whether we begin planning for Asteroid Field to continue beyond March 2014. If you believe that ST:AF can be refreshed and renewed - vote yea. If you believe that the SRP has run out of steam and should meet it's proposed end-date, vote nay.
This vote will remain open for one month, for you to change your mind any time between now and the end of the season. There is an option for undecided, so I hope to see a 1:1 member-vote ratio over the coming weeks ^-^
Thank you!
My vote is and always will be yea. May we continue to the end of time!
Quote from: criminula on December 09, 2013, 11:59:14 AM
My vote is and always will be yea. May we continue to the end of time!
Agreed.
My vote is also Yeah.
Not only I think there is still enough to do in the Accobar System, I also think that there is still a lot of personal character development left for us to do. Just look at last weeks episode with Daniel Thrace and The week before with Professor Fox, and that's just 2 crew members of which we scratched the surface. Me, I still have plenty planned for young Ms Etis and with Grizz's permission, that other Etis aswell.
As a fellow SRP writer, I know that there is so much more to do, there always is. When the natural end comes for an SRP, you will feel it, you'll notice it right away when things just don't seem to go as they did and when the story reaches its natural conclusion. Since your asking my opinion, I say not yet, for AF, this moment might come, but not yet.
Of course I voted yeah and voted yeah a while ago and the very obvious reason being I've Only Just Started!. For AF to end while I'm still an "On the sidelines" kind of character would be a great shame and also I've only just begun my takeover of the engineering department, it needs time.
Overall I find the quality of episodes excellent and can barely a go a week without AF.