The Last Outpost

Member Services => Engineering => Resolved Support Requests => Topic started by: Screwloose on January 04, 2014, 05:04:25 PM

Title: RPG-X hangs when going into the configure tab and crashes
Post by: Screwloose on January 04, 2014, 05:04:25 PM
I could use some help from anyone how has had some experience with what I'm getting. Apparently when I installed a new screen on my current rig, I have been getting a major hang up when entering the video section of the configure tab on RPG-XCE 1.2.5 RC1. I don't know if it's because that I'm currently using dual monitors or if I'm using a outdated version of DirectX, but I could some help getting back into the game. Thanks and I hope you all have a great new year!
Title: Re: RPG-X hangs when going into the configure tab and crashes
Post by: Screwloose on January 04, 2014, 05:22:30 PM
Ok. I've just reinstalled and tried it and somehow it is still hanging and not responding. I don't know why it is doing this but I could really use some help on fixing it.

My current rig is: Dell Latitude D520
CPU: Intel Core2Duo @ 1.66GHz
RAM: 2GB
RPGXCE version: 1.2.5 RC1

Any help would be appreciated because I would love to play this game again.  :(
Title: Re: RPG-X hangs when going into the configure tab and crashes
Post by: Veritas on January 04, 2014, 06:46:19 PM
Is this occurring in RPG-X vanilla, rpgxEF enhanced, or both?

What is your graphics card?
Title: Re: RPG-X hangs when going into the configure tab and crashes
Post by: Martin Thompson on January 05, 2014, 05:42:35 AM
Since you suspect a dual-screen problem, does EF work with a single screen?

Have you tried running it in windowed mode?

As an additional mode, I'm also running 2 screens with no problem, so you should be able to get it running somehow.
Title: Re: RPG-X hangs when going into the configure tab and crashes
Post by: Screwloose on January 06, 2014, 07:00:53 PM
It happens on both Original and Enhanced versions of RPG-X and no I haven't tried it in windowed mode, so I'll try that next.
Title: Re: RPG-X hangs when going into the configure tab and crashes
Post by: Screwloose on January 06, 2014, 07:07:44 PM
Ok I just put the RPG-X startup text behind the text on the Enhanced version and AMAZINGLY it worked! No hang and no crash so I think it fixed itself on its own. If it happens again though, I might have to reformat my HDD or get a new one, but that's on the most extreme case that if it doesn't work. Thanks guys for the suggestions I appreciated it!  ^_^

EDIT: I've reinstalled my audio and graphics drivers (My Graphic card is an Intel Mobile 945GM Graphics card which does work well for RPG-X) and did some game defraging and optimized my system using Razer Game Booster I had no problems running RPG-X and I even tried starting my own Enhanced server and saw no problems. So mark this as Resolved and thanks to all who helped me with this problem!
Title: Re: RPG-X hangs when going into the configure tab and crashes
Post by: Martin Thompson on January 07, 2014, 03:45:25 AM
Nice you got it to work!