The Last Outpost

Gaming Divisions => Serial Roleplays => RPG-X => Archived SRPs => Topic started by: Telex Ferra on January 28, 2014, 07:49:32 PM

Title: Official RPG-X Staff Reviews
Post by: Telex Ferra on January 28, 2014, 07:49:32 PM
This is a question mainly for our SRP runners but is open for everyone to discuss. Martin and I have selected a group of people to attend the SRPs and provide summaries, reviews, and a score out of 100. All of our SRP are presently covered, and all reviews will be PMed to me and then I will post them to the forums. (This is to protect our reviews should they want to remain anonymous)

My question is: where do you guys want the reviews to be placed? Should I make a sticky in each SRP board where I put the official reviews? Should I make a single thread out here in the SRP forum with all of the SRP reviews? Should we make an entirely new forum?

Some things to keep in mind
- The point of this system is to give our SRP runners feedback on their episodes AS WELL AS to provide newcomers to SRPs a good idea about the plot and quality of an SRP. Ideally reviews are organized by SRP and then by episode for easy reviewing.
- A sticky in each of the SRP forums may add to already cluttered boards
- These reviews have absolutely no bearing on an SRPs position in TLO. These are only for cataloging and feedback purposes. A bad review will have absolutely no consequences for anybody.

Personally, I would like to make a sticky in each of the SRP boards to post reviews for that specific SRP. What do you guys think? 
Title: Re: Official RPG-X Staff Reviews
Post by: Grizz on January 28, 2014, 07:54:33 PM
I create seperate discussion threads for feedback on each episode - which would be as reasonable a location as any. But if the decision is made for a more central, official - "here are our SRP reviews - location, that would make sense, too. I would also be happy to have a sticky in the discussion sub-forum for Asteroid Field (Crew Lounge).

Basically, I'll be happy either way. A single sticky in the Serial Roleplays forum would be easily accessible.
Title: Re: Official RPG-X Staff Reviews
Post by: Telex Ferra on February 02, 2014, 06:41:07 PM
We had full coverage this week!

Genesis Station: 90
Asteroid Field: 86
Beyond Infinity: 74
Task Force Theta: 65

Does anyone have any comments on the process?
Title: Re: Official RPG-X Staff Reviews
Post by: Martin Thompson on February 03, 2014, 08:00:38 AM
I think it went pretty well. Some of the reviews could use a bit more... extensive outline of the plot in my opinion, but it certainly gave some good feedback both plot-wise and how people (Well 1 person per rp, but still) experienced the RP as a whole (plot info posted, required files, episode quality etc).

I think we should keep this up for the time being. Of course, I am happy Genesis Station was this weeks top rated SRP!  8P
Title: Re: Official RPG-X Staff Reviews
Post by: Telex Ferra on February 16, 2014, 05:02:47 PM
Week 3:

Asteroid Field: 90
Genesis Station: 50
Beyond Infinity: Postponed
Task Force Theta: Postponed
Title: Re: Official RPG-X Staff Reviews
Post by: Telex Ferra on March 05, 2014, 02:21:43 PM
Week 5:

No reviews were received this week.  :(
Title: Re: Official RPG-X Staff Reviews
Post by: RadioActivitii on June 13, 2014, 09:25:36 AM
Does this still happen?
Title: Re: Official RPG-X Staff Reviews
Post by: Telex Ferra on June 13, 2014, 10:26:51 AM
It should.