Poll
Question:
How would you rate 'Epicinium' by Grizz?
Option 1: Excellent
Option 2: Good
Option 3: Average
Option 4: Poor
Option 5: Awful
During an attempt to retreat from the Narada assault, a fumbled order to scatter the aid convoy resulted in a missing medical frigate. From that point on, New Commanding Officer, Sophia Mason, worked her way through five stages of grief as her now extended command staff took point in organising a second attempt to cross the Neutral Zone safety. Fully aware that her mother would be the first to read her mission report, Mason failed to complete it for send-off - quietly leaving Starfleet Command out of the loop of recent events involving the Borg-augmented mining vessel.
There was a lot of open time during this roleplay, and this was intentional. Season Two had something of a relentless streak and after two extremely major events in the season finale, I wanted the opener to be more reactive than proactive. Especially with some newcomers to the series, I thought it was important for everyone to settle in while working towards some common goals. I took the opportunity to have Mason to the rounds, presenting a number of quirks on some department's doorsteps. while looking over the frigate situation.
I also made the decision to cut the Vice President from the episode entirely. We will be picking up that side story further down the line as for now, it makes sense to focus entirely on the matter at hand. Or both of them - which are as follows.
- Commander Klaw has presented a risky but plausible plan to get a second convoy of aid vessels past a Narada that may still be waiting for them
- The missing medical frigate reported in from the other side of the Neutral Zone. How did the escape the attack, and if they did, why did they not come home?
Don't settle back in on Pioneer - we're back on the road again next week!
Thank you all for coming and being, as usual, extremely wonderful. How does the post-Hobus situation interest you? What do you make of your new CO, thus far? Are you suitably intimidated by Klaw? Should Michael Barnes receive extensive punishment for sitting in the command chair uninvited? Rate and discuss, above and below!
Excelent episode. I really like the down time to get some crew dev in right in the pilot episode. We had a few new crewmembers so i think the down time was great to get to know each other. I was just missing out on a bit of music, you made a nice pack but i didnt hear much of it. The songs i did hear where a bit soft in volume, that might have been intended though, but I'm always a sucker for good music during an RP :P
Meh...
.....
99999999999999999/10 :D
As a (not so) fresh-faced newcomer, felt more than a little oblivious to STAF's history but was still awesome. Cannae' wait for next week!
The episode was good I'll admit I was a little confused at the beginning but I got through and plotting how to get some of the transports through was quite interesting.