The Last Outpost

Member Services => Engineering => Resolved Support Requests => Topic started by: Rob Browning on March 05, 2014, 07:05:03 PM

Title: Enhanced edition won't launch [RESOLVED]
Post by: Rob Browning on March 05, 2014, 07:05:03 PM
Hi there,

I've installed the RPGXCE file, which worked fine, then I wanted to install the Enhanced Version. Setup went fine, but when I went into the launcher and it offered me the choice of RPG-X or the enhanced version, I clicked on the enhanced version and it just says "Couldn't load default.cfg"

I'm by no means a technical whizz so it's likely I'm missing something basic.

Any thoughts?  :(
Title: Re: Enhanced edition won't launch [RESOLVED]
Post by: Veritas on March 05, 2014, 07:12:01 PM
That's a known bug, we're working on it. For now, use the shortcuts on your desktop and in your start folder to launch the Enhanced version.
Title: Re: Enhanced edition won't launch [RESOLVED]
Post by: Rob Browning on March 05, 2014, 07:25:52 PM
That WAS from the Start Menu, and it says the same thing even if I go to C:/Program Files/etcetc and click on the rpgxEF.exe file  :(
Title: Re: Enhanced edition won't launch [RESOLVED]
Post by: Telex Ferra on March 05, 2014, 08:45:07 PM
Quote from: Rob Browning on March 05, 2014, 07:05:03 PM
Hi there,

I've installed the RPGXCE file, which worked fine, then I wanted to install the Enhanced Version. Setup went fine, but when I went into the launcher and it offered me the choice of RPG-X or the enhanced version, I clicked on the enhanced version and it just says "Couldn't load default.cfg"

I'm by no means a technical whizz so it's likely I'm missing something basic.

Any thoughts?  :(

Can you take a screenshot of your .../The Last Outpost RPG-X Complete Edition and your .../The Last Outpost RPG-X Complete Edition/rpgxEF folders please?
Title: Re: Enhanced edition won't launch [RESOLVED]
Post by: Veritas on March 05, 2014, 10:25:21 PM
Are you on Windows X P, by any chance?
Title: Re: Enhanced edition won't launch [RESOLVED]
Post by: Telex Ferra on March 17, 2014, 06:33:29 PM
test
Title: Re: Enhanced edition won't launch [RESOLVED]
Post by: Rob Browning on March 17, 2014, 06:34:30 PM
Testing again...
Title: Re: Enhanced edition won't launch [RESOLVED]
Post by: Rob Browning on March 17, 2014, 06:40:48 PM
Right, now that this is working again!

The screenshots are attached, and yes I do use Windows XP.

(https://last-outpost.net/forum/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2FdIdZgrN.jpg&hash=3e7c151ad1dda8040553d7767eb990e525356279)

(https://last-outpost.net/forum/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2FHcVAR2a.jpg&hash=b0b3f07c32e919af37b5ffd07460c6293d2de260)
Title: Re: Enhanced edition won't launch [RESOLVED]
Post by: Veritas on March 17, 2014, 07:18:25 PM
The issue is a known one with X P; it's why rpgxce doesn't technically support it anymore. Catch up with me on Skype and I can fix it for you.