The Last Outpost

Gaming Divisions => Starbase 1 => Star Trek Online => Utopia Planitia Shipyards => Topic started by: RadioActivitii on April 17, 2014, 05:40:42 AM

Title: Level 20 Sci Setup
Post by: RadioActivitii on April 17, 2014, 05:40:42 AM
I'll be hitting Level 20 soon, so I'll be going with the Commander Science Vessel. I need an ideal setup for it. I'll have quite a lot of EC since I've been farming it (around 500k-1m I'll be guessing by the time I reach Commander).

I should be fine on the Warp core, Impulse Drive and consoles, but weapons, shields and the deflector will need to be upgraded on my new build. I may also upgrade the warpcore/impulse/consoles later, so if you have suggestions give them too.

I'll have a few million EC hopefully by the time I reach Level 20, but I can always earn more. Please help.
Title: Re: Level 20 Sci Setup
Post by: Kurt Fraser on April 17, 2014, 05:43:34 AM
Phaser, Anti-Proton or Tetryon weapons are your best bet get tactical consoles to match for increased damage, get some Tetraburnium Hull plating for engy slots and shield modifiers or particle generators for sci slots. Shield modifiers will obviously enhance shielding, Particle generators will increase the exotic damage from your sci abilities
Title: Re: Level 20 Sci Setup
Post by: SFC3 on April 17, 2014, 08:16:04 AM
To clarify, Antiproton weaponry is not available until level 40+. Until then, I would only try to get good weaponry and consoles then use them until you get to level 40. At the endgame, your build really does matter.
Title: Re: Level 20 Sci Setup
Post by: RadioActivitii on April 17, 2014, 03:49:56 PM
Any suggestions for weapons/consoles? I might go Tetryon based weaponry for my character if available.