Poll
Question:
How would you rate 'Gods and Monsters: Part One'
Option 1: Excellent
Option 2: Good
Option 3: Average
Option 4: Poor
Option 5: Awful
Thanks to MT for reminding me that this board exists
This returning instalment of Asteroid Field wasn't designed to be entirely loud and bombastic, but more a return to the tone of it's earlier episodes. The opening scene was a window in to the lore which will be remaining open for some time, yet - while shedding light on events in the science lab - even if our characters haven't worked it all out yet. Outside of that, we witnessed three incidents which escalated in severity between the Klingons and Romulans on board and around Pioneer. What started as a breach in protocol over on the nearby mining platform spiralled in to a bar brawl, a space stand-off and the detonation of an explosive device in Romulan guest quarters.
I deliberately gave others some breathing room in handling the situations as they arose - with Mason taking more of a supervising role while the science team handled the decryption, Costello and Klaw handled the brawl, Klaw and Barnes talked down the Klingons before McClintock and Archibald sprung in to action following the explosion. Whether this approach paid off is up to you.
But, we started late, suffered a server disconnect on map change and almost overran so I've extended this particular story over two parts. Hopefully with next week's instalment, we can flesh out the Klingon-Romulan segregation and take further steps to understanding the rubik's cube probes down in the science lab - while bringing back a trustworthy diplomat to help clean up the mess. Though this may only be the start of this relationship crisis.
Thank you to those that attended.
I certainly enjoyed it. I wish I could be around for the second half... :(
Ah well, I'll be back after. And I'll have one of these threads to read to catch up. :)
I thoroughly enjoyed yelling at a Klingon commander this episode and then calling in Klaw to give him a proper beat down.