You all were so helpful the last time, I'm back again. I don't even know if this belongs here, but.. I'm attempting to make a map-obviously first time- and I've made my own textures and tried to insert a light to test it out. Well, when I compile it in efRadiant it tells me that the shaders for the textures I made couldn't be found. Then I load up the map ingame and I can walk around the space, though it is completely black. The console says: "Warning: no external lightmap files found." Sorry if this is really simple, but I've been looking around for a solution to no avail.
Thank you.
I wouldn't recommend EFRadiant for compiling. It uses a very outdated compiler.
I suggest you install any suitable version of GTKRadiant or NetRadiant for compiling as these use q3map2 as compiler. Make sure all paths are set up correctly.
Also make sure the file baseEF/scripts/shaderlist.txt is present. In addition extracting the scripts folders from pak0.pk3 and pak3.pk3 into the baseEF folder might help (note: pk3 format = zip file format).
If his does not solve your problems please post the compiler output here .
Okay, thank you. the compiler worked well. :) So when I open it up the same thing happens. Instead, I tried opening it in ef with RPG-X loaded, rather than rpgx ultimate. It gave me the mismatch error, then the version rolled back to 2.0 and i was able to load the map. What's causing this?
~~~~~~~
UPDATE:
Tried making a new map and it loads up in ultimate just fine. Thanks so much.
additional question.. so the server doesn't show up on the serverlist, but wasn't sure if that was intentional, so when i direct connect, its transferring files but doesn't actually. it says it is, but it's not advancing. Sorry, one problem after another, but thanks so much.
Quote from: dan1702 on June 07, 2014, 12:45:58 PM
Okay, thank you. the compiler worked well. :) So when I open it up the same thing happens. Instead, I tried opening it in ef with RPG-X loaded, rather than rpgx ultimate. It gave me the mismatch error, then the version rolled back to 2.0 and i was able to load the map. What's causing this?
~~~~~~~
UPDATE:
Tried making a new map and it loads up in ultimate just fine. Thanks so much.
additional question.. so the server doesn't show up on the serverlist, but wasn't sure if that was intentional, so when i direct connect, its transferring files but doesn't actually. it says it is, but it's not advancing. Sorry, one problem after another, but thanks so much.
Doesn't show up on the server list? It should.
Try switching to internet3. If that doesn't work, then I know the issue and can instruct you from there.
when I switch to internet three, the text changes to favorites and refreshing is not possible.
The issue regarding Internet3 has been reported and will be addressed in version 1.2 of RPG-XUE and 1.1 of RPG-XSE. However, since RPG-X servers are so few and far between, fixing the browser isn't high on the priority list when direct connection options are already available. TLO's RPG-X clients likely won't see another revision until another version of RPG-X is released.
C:\Users\<YOUR USERNAME>\AppData\Roaming\RPGXEF\RPG-X2\hmconfig
add the following lines into the file
seta sv_master3 "efmaster.kickchat.com"
seta sv_master4 "master.stef1.ravensoft.com:27953"
seta sv_master5 "master.gamespy.com:29760"
now try again
as scotty would say, you're a miracle worker. I'll mark this as resolved then.
Again, thank you all so much.