The Last Outpost

General Discussion => Announcements => Topic started by: Veritas on July 13, 2014, 03:37:51 PM

Title: President's Welcome & Post-Election Statement
Post by: Veritas on July 13, 2014, 03:37:51 PM
TLO members & guests,

It's an honor and a pleasure to be elected to serve as your second President. I'll try to keep this brief (ha!), but as I begin my term, it's important that I immediately look to the future. To that end, I'd like to borrow a few minutes of your time to discuss what I see as the most important steps for The Last Outpost over the coming months, the first months of my term. I'd also like to talk a little about what you can expect from me as President.

Before I get to all of that, though, let me first say a very flattered thank-you to everyone who voted for me. I'm incredibly pleased to have had your support. I'd also like to thank all my fellow candidates and Lipton, Internal Affairs CO, for running a clean, intelligent and purposeful campaign. I think you gave TLO the election it deserved, and I appreciate that.

Most of you know me, at least in name. Quite a number of you know me personally, or at least have worked with me in the past. You know that I have high hopes for TLO, and you know that I won't let excuses, feet-dragging or dramatics get in the way of those hopes if I can help it. As President, I view my role as that of the great enabler: I am here to make TLO work so that you, the members, can have a good time - and, if needed, to make changes that have to occur to do that as easily and efficiently as possible.

As President, I may not be in every game or at every event, but I will be accessible. I will always be available to you, via the forums, Skype, Steam, or even over e-mail to take your questions, hear your concerns, help direct you to resources that you need. I will make time for everyone who needs it, especially in leadership, and when we talk, I will be honest, forthcoming and helpful. That doesn't mean I'll sugar-coat anything or promise you things I cannot deliver, but it does mean I will be fair and I will be upfront, and I'll do whatever I can to help.

I have numerous executive orders, cabinet polls, and cabinet and member discussions that I plan to create immediately. Most of them are about the changes I described in my nomination Q&A. They include things like fixing our rank system and the barriers to membership, improving community outreach, new schedules and procedures for meetings, and your suggestions, including the new flex gaming server proposal. I won't waste any time getting to work on delivering on my promises. I'll be happy to take any and all questions and comments on my plans right now, or any time in the future.

Before we move to those questions, though, I do have one more plan I'd like to announce to you. Our outgoing President, Jenson, has done an incredible job for TLO over these past four years. His dedication to the community, his perseverance and the absolutely enormous amounts of time and energy he has devoted to all of us here are a real accomplishment, and deserve our recognition. That's why I will be calling an immediate vote to commission a new, one-of-a-kind, combined rank and award for Jenson: Member-in-chief. Provided you approve, I have some special plans for a ceremony welcoming him to this new position as well. Jenson may no longer be our President, but in many ways he will always be our leader, so let's get him the reward he deserves.

Once again, thank you all for your support. It's been my pleasure to be with you these past four years, and I look forward to the TLO we'll build together.

Veritas
President of The Last Outpost
Title: Re: President's Welcome & Post-Election Statement
Post by: Jenson on July 13, 2014, 03:44:45 PM
Congratulations again on your election! It's a bit disorienting to see someone else in purple :P I look forward to seeing what you have in store for TLO! :)
Title: Re: President's Welcome & Post-Election Statement
Post by: Jim on July 13, 2014, 03:50:21 PM
Congratulations President Veritas  ^_^ . Look forward in many more years of TLO to come.
Title: Re: President's Welcome & Post-Election Statement
Post by: Scott Archer on July 13, 2014, 05:34:54 PM
I would like to again echo my congratulations. See you out there mr President!
Title: Re: President's Welcome & Post-Election Statement
Post by: Lucas Picard on July 13, 2014, 06:27:40 PM
Congratz once again Veritas how does it feel to be the man upstairs for change :P
Title: Re: President's Welcome & Post-Election Statement
Post by: Minutias on July 13, 2014, 07:10:42 PM
Looking forward to your work! Congratulations. :D
Title: Re: President's Welcome & Post-Election Statement
Post by: Paenitet on July 14, 2014, 06:38:59 AM
Congratulations Veritas. :)

And to Jenson for the Member-In-Chief. (Presuming it passes. :P )
Title: Re: President's Welcome & Post-Election Statement
Post by: Lucas Picard on July 14, 2014, 08:25:13 AM
Quote from: Jenson on July 13, 2014, 03:44:45 PM
Congratulations again on your election! It's a bit disorienting to see someone else in purple :P I look forward to seeing what you have in store for TLO! :)

I agree it will take some time to get use to lol
Title: Re: President's Welcome & Post-Election Statement
Post by: The Investigator on July 14, 2014, 08:38:39 AM
Congratulations, Mr. President. I look forward to seeing you thrive as President, Veritas!