The Last Outpost

Member Services => Engineering => Resolved Support Requests => Topic started by: Scott Archer on September 15, 2014, 09:55:34 AM

Title: Forums sometimes not posting properly
Post by: Scott Archer on September 15, 2014, 09:55:34 AM
Hi, I'm still using the old forum theme if that matters but I think it was doing it on the new theme too and it was doing it before the new theme was released.
Sometimes (it's been happening a lot more recently) when posting a reply or even posting a new topic sometimes when I press post instead of posting it, it takes me to a post new topic screen. I then either have to  go back and refresh the page which doesn't always works, or close the tab and start again. It's happened in loads of different boards, ie. My RPG-X poll, phase 2 of this Star Trek Online event, the rank Poll, the rank discussion etc.
I mostly use safari for iOS in the forums buts it's happened in chrome for mac and PC as well.
This issue seems limited to the TLO forums.
Title: Re: Forums sometimes not posting properly
Post by: Veritas on September 15, 2014, 11:45:37 AM
Hi Scott,

The next time this happens, can you please try all the steps in this guide (http://www.last-outpost.net/forum/index.php/topic,7327.0.html) and report back on whether any of them affect anything?

Thanks.
Title: Re: Forums sometimes not posting properly
Post by: Scott Archer on September 15, 2014, 12:21:20 PM
it's started on this post now, as I said I've used different devices and browsers... (this is the 6th time I've tried to post)
I've cleared my cache, tried different devices and browsers. tried it on my home wifi, 3g, friends wifi etc.
Title: Re: Forums sometimes not posting properly
Post by: Veritas on September 15, 2014, 12:34:34 PM
If it's happening that broadly, it's difficult to troubleshoot - I will need to look at what's going on server-side and see what I can do. When you have some time, contact me on Skype; I'd like to take a Wireshark capture of your communications with TLO's servers.
Title: Re: Forums sometimes not posting properly
Post by: Scott Archer on September 15, 2014, 12:41:47 PM
ok. How long would that take. I have a few minutes now?
Title: Re: Forums sometimes not posting properly
Post by: Veritas on September 15, 2014, 12:55:21 PM
I'm not at home; it'd probably take 15-20 minutes, but let's do it later today or tomorrow.
Title: Re: Forums sometimes not posting properly
Post by: Andzzy on September 15, 2014, 05:01:24 PM
I'd just like to point out that I had this issue on Saturday whereupon trying to post a thread for Scientific Mandate resulted in being redirected to a blank 'new topic' creation screen. The issue seems to have since resolved itself as I was able to post the thread just now.