The Last Outpost

Gaming Divisions => Star Trek: Asteroid Field => Archived SRPs => Serial Roleplays => RPG-X => Crew Lounge => Topic started by: Grizz on October 12, 2014, 06:36:11 AM

Poll
Question: How would you rate 'The Siege'
Option 1: Excellent
Option 2: Good
Option 3: Average
Option 4: Poor
Option 5: Awful
Title: 'The Siege' Discussion Thread
Post by: Grizz on October 12, 2014, 06:36:11 AM
Given the sudden uptick in attendance - I have gone back and added polls to the last two episodes, if you can remember anything about them  :P




There are many times when I have to remember that these episodes need to take place within a video game, with 6-7 people forming a crew of hundreds. The Siege was no exception. Was firing in to black smoke an adequate replacement for hoards of war-hardened Halkonians swarming on to the Promenade? Was a series of detpack explosions and static fire effects a suitable chain of events for a shuttle careering in to the bay? Probably not - at least only MT had to see it  :nudgewink: But we make the most of what we have.

Regardless, the game of asteroids, the boarding party siege and the auto-destruct were cut short by the intervention of an Accobi warship - emerging from the rift - similar to the one which also intercepted an Halkonian attack on the system back in Season Two. They're really not helping Clarke's case against them. But their retreat and lack of communication continues to mystify. Their interference wasn't enough, however.

Etis' sudden death earlier in the episode was revealed to be a hoax - the body actually being that of Margaery Dormer, the Halkonian officer executed by Clarke for her doubts about their mission in the first episode. There wasn't time to grieve in the first place, but there was even less to ask questions about the body swap as it wasn't long before the Orion and an accompanying cruiser unleashed hell on the asteroid field. By the episode's end, and the Halkonian retreat, Michael Barnes and Tim Rogan were also beamed off the station.

There are many questions to be answered. Mason was left with an ever-decreasing OPS crew and but a poor viewscreen to pummel in response.
Title: Re: 'The Siege' Discussion Thread
Post by: Martin Thompson on October 12, 2014, 02:56:22 PM
Of course I can only judge the first bit for I had to depart to attend to other business that my friends at the badminton club asked me to do a few weeks ago. But the part that I did see (also a part in which my character had a larger role so I might be a bit biassed) was exellent classical AB/AF i am used to. I do hope you all liked the plot twist there, I know I did. Also, to the new people, nicely done and I hope you also had fun. Lets keep up this awesome level of roleplaying to get the best season of AF ever (even though its only a shorter one)!
Title: Re: 'The Siege' Discussion Thread
Post by: criminula on October 12, 2014, 05:21:45 PM
It really did feel like we were back on form, especially given the shaky start this season had attendance-wise. It was a great episode, with a great balance of elements to it. Its this sort of episode that makes me really glad to be a part of this SRP.
Title: Re: 'The Siege' Discussion Thread
Post by: Archibald on October 13, 2014, 04:00:17 PM
I found the episode, or at least all of it excluding my absence around the middle, to be of high quality as, from my viewpoint at least, the episode managed to feature every department in equally important and action-packed roles that I had the pleasure of experiencing first hand as I bounced from engineering to security and then ending up in the sickbay, where to finish off Rogan and...........a fellow crew member disappeared.