(https://last-outpost.net/forum/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fi267.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fii307%2FEvilGrizz%2FUntitled-2_zpsf705ca82.png&hash=c4a594ba193f1992fe732db9a761c6bfa74fda2d)
Production Code: 4x05
Episode Title: "Kill Clarke"
Writer: Grizz
Air Date: 25th October 2014
"There is no alternative. We have to kill her..."
The Hera makes a blistering escape back to the Accobar system where the ship, the crew and Pioneer are placed under the protection of an ancient Accobi defense system. Regrouped on the station and left to come to terms with the murder of Commander Michael Barnes, the staff begin to ponder the inevitable with Denara Clarke now in their custody. Clarke's death could bring a swift end to the Halkonian threat and would seem a fitting retribution for the lives that she has taken. But such an act would betray the foundations that Pioneer was built upon and the decision is powerful enough to rupture the fish-bowled crew at their lowest point.
'Kill Clarke' 5 Teasers
1. Mason is absent for the majority of episode, but instead bookends the installment - making way for the crew to debate among themselves.
2. Commander Menden isn't best pleased upon his awakening.
3. A potential plan to seal the rift for good will decide Accobar's fate - one way or another.
4. Clarke is given the chance to make her case, both scientifically and personally, to Etis and the crew.
5. "End of the line"
I have been referring to our ship as the
Athena, when that ship was used for Asteroid Base and subsequently destroyed. I have corrected the error :sweat: I assume by your silence that I wasn't the only one to miss it, this season :P
Quote from: Grizz on October 21, 2014, 02:39:42 PM
I have been referring to our ship as the Athena, when that ship was used for Asteroid Base and subsequently destroyed. I have corrected the error :sweat: I assume by your silence that I wasn't the only one to miss it, this season :P
I had wondered where the
Hera had gone. I assumed I had gotten confused and that it had been destroyed.
Hmm, you are right. I must admit that when it comes to SRP and names, i tend to forget stuff if i didnt write it down somewhere. You are forgiven for this :P
An Introduction (and Backstory) to 'Kill Clarke'
In the award-winning (it's true :P) first season of Star Trek: Asteroid Base, there was a much-acclaimed (still true) episode called 'Treasures from Accobar.' (http://www.last-outpost.net/forum/index.php/topic,3520.0.html) In that episode, Captain Amber Munro mistook a piece of advanced Accobi technology for elaborate jewelry. and, along with David Rush, was shifted to an alternate reality by a wrist-worn control device. Not only did this event kick-start the Walter Peirce crusade, but also revealed the presence of a rift in space-time which has splintered the Accobar System. This disturbance was enough to attract the attention of automated Halkonian Mining Platforms which arrived in the system after a two year journey. Then it all went downhill from there. It's safe to say that Amber Munro is responsible for every bad thing which has ever happened over the last seven years for our characters. Okay, so maybe these events would have played out at some point, inevitably - but it sure hurried them along.
For over two years, since the first season of Asteroid Base at TLO, Denara Clarke has been name-dropped again and again. In that first season, her early version of Asteroid Base: Alpha was among those phasing in and out of our timeline - but some assumed she was a Starfleet Officer (we have only just confirmed that Clarke designed AB: Alpha). In the third season of AB, the Halkonian Mining Platforms arrived and I delivered this teaser in November 2012:
"Where these things came from, why they're here and who they are being controlled by... all ties up with a brand new civilization we will be exploring as time goes on. But it has rather strong links to the history of the Accobar System - and will allow us to make leaps and bounds in to what really happened here long ago. Not only that, but expect further references to the now legend, Denara Clarke. Just who the hell is she?"In the first season of Asteroid Field, an interactive holographic representation of Denara Clarke delivered a warning that Accobar's future was not all that secure. She was also confused that the crew referred to her as "Accobarian." She's not Starfleet. She's not Accobi. Who is she? Well, in Season Three - we found out. After a
five year mystery, the crew believed that they had located the Accobi civilization which abandoned their homeworld long ago. They briefly made contact with Denara Clarke aboard an advance space station in an unknown part of the galaxy after taking their ship through the rift on a rescue mission. However, David Rush dropped a revelation. They weren't Accobi at all - they were Halkonian. The history of the Accobi-Halkonian war spilled out from that moment.
Now, possibly one of the most well known and sought after names in Accobar's history is sitting in the
Hera's brig, This episode is all about taking advantage of that. No Mason. No Barnes. You're on your own. You have the ability to end this war in a heartbeat. Does Clarke deserve to die? Most likely. Would it help? Quite possibly. Do you have the right to carry out an execution? Hell no. But that's the debate I want you to be having. Please, please, please be autonomous with this. I'll be working on setting the stage for the finale in the role of Clarke, but I want to make sure that you're all taking part in this. This is the crew's chance to get some real answers to all the many, many, many questions that I have posed since this party got started in February 2012. So do make the most of it! Even if you haven't been a part of this ride since the beginning - but some of you certainly have! ^-^
The penultimate episode of a two-and-a-half year storyline for us and a seven-year storyline for our characters. I don't know whether to be sad or relieved that it's all coming to an end...
Er, I'm sad - I want more! :P
Bonus "Next Time" Teaser
"Accobar's final day has arrived..."
Quote from: Grizz on October 22, 2014, 06:31:20 PM
An Introduction (and Backstory) to 'Kill Clarke'
Thanks for the summary Grizz, it's all comming back to me :P Like ive said before, i'm quite forgetfull when it comes to some events, but I do remember all of them now i see your recap. Its too bad i missed a few episodes of AB, but for the most part I remember everything and I see that the story is coming to a close now. I should have really written down some of the questions about the storyline i had myself when these things first emerged in episodes, if only i had known, haha.
Anyway, I'm looking forward to this with mixed feelings. On the one hand I'm exited for this, finally getting to know all the secrects of the Accobar system, but on the other hand, this also means the Accobar story is coming to a close, an RP which I have enjoyed playing for the better part of the past few years, one of which one of the episodes was even named after my character and one I am glad to have been a part of.
This is today!
I've gone trough almost 6 seasons of episode posts and reviews, dug deep in my own memory, I've even taken notes, the important ones and now one hour and 15 minutes remain. Just that little time left before all (?) our questions are answered. Cherish the ignorance for a while longer, because once you know, you can't un-know!