For years, we've been trying to figure out how to run RPG-X on Macs. Originally it was doable through the OS9 classic environment, but when Apple removed that, it seemed unlikely we would ever get it working again. I'd like to announce that we have now overcome this obstacle.
The wait is over. RPG-X is stable and playable on the newest version of OSX and presumably on older versions as well.
Please see the install guide here. (http://www.last-outpost.net/forum/index.php/topic,7510.msg57223.html#new)
We now have a whole new playerbase who may love to play RPG-X, but never had the opportunity while it was a PC only game. Get out there and tell your Mac-using friends!
This is excellent news! 8)
(https://last-outpost.net/forum/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2F0WWCGo0.png&hash=9f2013187ba5403805a6f96481bb0b11c824b7f5)
This is absolutely fantastic work. Great job Serris.
In addition to a Mac, using crossover is very likely to make RPG-X viable on linux.
Quote from: andrewthetechie on November 06, 2014, 09:00:34 PM
This is absolutely fantastic work. Great job Serris.
In addition to a Mac, using crossover is very likely to make RPG-X viable on linux.
:'(
Quote from: Telex Ferra on November 06, 2014, 09:56:04 PM
Quote from: andrewthetechie on November 06, 2014, 09:00:34 PM
This is absolutely fantastic work. Great job Serris.
In addition to a Mac, using crossover is very likely to make RPG-X viable on linux.
:'(
Did I misgive the props on this? If I did, I'm very sorry Telex. Blame it on the synthehol.
But for real...figure out how to get it running on linux too then it can be truly cross platform.
Quote from: andrewthetechie on November 07, 2014, 10:28:12 PM
Quote from: Telex Ferra on November 06, 2014, 09:56:04 PM
Quote from: andrewthetechie on November 06, 2014, 09:00:34 PM
This is absolutely fantastic work. Great job Serris.
In addition to a Mac, using crossover is very likely to make RPG-X viable on linux.
:'(
Did I misgive the props on this? If I did, I'm very sorry Telex. Blame it on the synthehol.
But for real...figure out how to get it running on linux too then it can be truly cross platform.
If I had a computer running linux I would! Give it a shot with crossover for linux!
Virtualbox.
Quote from: andrewthetechie on November 08, 2014, 11:35:28 AM
Virtualbox.
I wish that worked. I do have Linux and Windows VMs, but games don't run very well in virtualbox.
Quote from: Telex Ferra on November 08, 2014, 12:27:21 PM
Quote from: andrewthetechie on November 08, 2014, 11:35:28 AM
Virtualbox.
I wish that worked. I do have Linux and Windows VMs, but games don't run very well in virtualbox.
I bet I can get it to work but I need to find the Linux OS somewhere though, perhaps I can if you know where to look :P
They're not hard to find.
They're freely available online.