The Last Outpost

Gaming Divisions => Star Trek: Asteroid Field => Archived SRPs => Serial Roleplays => RPG-X => Writer's Corner => Topic started by: Grizz on November 05, 2014, 06:56:13 PM

Title: SRP Update: November/December Specials & Season Five
Post by: Grizz on November 05, 2014, 06:56:13 PM
(https://last-outpost.net/forum/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2FKdiQ4ge.png&hash=445ccbd1b20b84ef2c8b807101d2a186a14b56f6)
(https://last-outpost.net/forum/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2FLUlxvNB.png&hash=f08437758a6bc79ecdfefbfda8d6ba8771b5d514)
(https://last-outpost.net/forum/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2FI7CepsF.png&hash=c85a1aeead28c1dd0fe131cda72da0031d19fc59)




SRP Update

It's a cornucopia of news, today! But I don't have much time so I'll get straight to it!

Firstly, I want to thank everyone for participating in the fourth season of Asteroid Field. Certainly the highest rated of the series in terms of attendance (and positive feedback) - which was enough to tip the balance and ensure the SRP was renewed for a fifth season. More on that further below.

As promised, there is a special episode coming up on November 15 - though this can be moved if necessary. This is the Epilogue to Season Four, a character piece revolving around a memorial service for Michael Barnes, Daniel Thrace and Pioneer's other lost souls. Around the central point of interest, you will be mostly left to your own devices. However, with a message from beyond the grave and a command turnaround, don't think it will be without the trademark Accobar drama.

Next month, Star Trek: Asteroid Base celebrates seven years since it's launch. I'm currently in the process of ironing out the details, and a full synopsis will be along in due time. For now I'll just say that I wanted to take it in a slightly different direction to the sixth anniversary special - which was very much an extension of Asteroid Field and a highlight of the Accobar storyline. This time, I wanted to make it very much an Asteroid Base story, while keeping up to date. So we'll have some returning Asteroid Base characters in there, mixed in among some of Pioneer's crew. It will also be Amber Munro's final curtain call - for the character is finally being retired after six year's service since her introduction in 2008.

I'll just say that she's leading the impressive USS Relentless-B on a quest to locate Subcommander Sel'tar's lost treasure. An adventurous, intriguing romp - set over two weeks - to see out what is likely the last of Asteroid Base, once and for all. The special is expected to coincide with Community Day and it's previous weekend. The titles for both of these specials are to-be-confirmed, though we all know the anniversary special will have "reflections" in it  ^-^

Season Five! Yes! Asteroid Field will be celebrating it's first anniversary by still being here! I'm delighted to confirm that Star Trek: Asteroid Field will be returning in 2015 with a full season order of 12 episodes! Not quite the extended run of Season One, but an increase on Season Three! So isn't that something  :P The three-month run of episodes will feature a mix of standalone and multi-part stories, while focusing on variety and character expansion. After the heavily scripted Season Four, it's important that Asteroid Field returns to a focus on the crew and heads in a much more uplifting (and more 'Star Trek') direction.

I hope to see you all at some point along our continuing journey - thank you for your support!
Title: Re: SRP Update: November/December Specials & Season Five
Post by: Mutatio Nomen on November 06, 2014, 09:17:21 AM
I hope to see you all the time at some point along our continuing journey

FTFY. Exciting times. :D
Title: Re: SRP Update: November/December Specials & Season Five
Post by: criminula on November 06, 2014, 12:22:21 PM
I'm afraid I won't be able to make the one on the 15th, but I look forward to the other and S5.
Title: Re: SRP Update: November/December Specials & Season Five
Post by: Martin Thompson on November 06, 2014, 03:12:53 PM
Sounds exiting! Can't wait for the AB anniversary special. Not many SRP's can say they are still doing stories 7 years after they where first concieved. Congrats on that Grizz and to anyone who ever worked on AB during that time of course.

As for the AF "season 4 post-finale", I'm sure our characters could use the time to wrap up some loose ends from the, in your own words, heavily serialized and story-full season 4. I'm very much looking forward to Season 5 and of course the bit I can contribute to it with storytelling "and all that jazz". I will see you on the server on November 15th!