The Last Outpost

Member Services => Engineering => Resolved Support Requests => Topic started by: MStickney on November 13, 2014, 11:40:19 AM

Title: Missing hmconfig.cfg [RESOLVED]
Post by: MStickney on November 13, 2014, 11:40:19 AM
As shown in the post: http://www.last-outpost.net/forum/index.php/topic,7216.0.html it says I need to put some lines of code into the hmconfig.cfg folder, however I went into the RPG-X2 folder, and the hmconfig.cfg file was not there.

Help.
Title: Re: Missing hmconfig.cfg [RESOLVED]
Post by: Telex Ferra on November 13, 2014, 11:47:31 AM
Quote from: MStickney on November 13, 2014, 11:40:19 AM
As shown in the post: http://www.last-outpost.net/forum/index.php/topic,7216.0.html it says I need to put some lines of code into the hmconfig.cfg folder, however I went into the RPG-X2 folder, and the hmconfig.cfg file was not there.

Help.
Hey MStickney!

Can you try browsing to C:/Users/<username>/AppData/Roaming/STVEF/RPG-X2 ? You might have to type the path name in manually or allow windows to show hidden files and folders as AppData is hidden by default.

hmconfig should be there. If not, let me know and I can give you some more suggestions.

:)
Title: Re: Missing hmconfig.cfg [RESOLVED]
Post by: MStickney on November 13, 2014, 11:58:59 AM
This might seem abit noobish, but I don't know where I find the setting to show hidden folders.
Title: Re: Missing hmconfig.cfg [RESOLVED]
Post by: Telex Ferra on November 13, 2014, 12:01:06 PM
Quote from: MStickney on November 13, 2014, 11:58:59 AM
This might seem abit noobish, but I don't know where I find the setting to show hidden folders.

Not noobish at all. Open control panel and find "folder options". Open that and check "show hidden files and folders". Now hidden folders are visible.

Then try looking for that directory again
Title: Re: Missing hmconfig.cfg [RESOLVED]
Post by: MStickney on November 13, 2014, 12:05:07 PM
Found it by going trough the folder manually, starting at "Users"
Title: Re: Missing hmconfig.cfg [RESOLVED]
Post by: Telex Ferra on November 13, 2014, 12:07:48 PM
Quote from: MStickney on November 13, 2014, 12:05:07 PM
Found it by going trough the folder manually, starting at "Users"

8) Let me know if you can connect to one of our servers.
Title: Re: Missing hmconfig.cfg [RESOLVED]
Post by: MStickney on November 13, 2014, 12:32:11 PM
It shows them, but I don't seem to be able to connect.
Title: Re: Missing hmconfig.cfg [RESOLVED]
Post by: Serris on November 13, 2014, 12:34:16 PM
Try going into your in-game options and switching auto downloads off.
Title: Re: Missing hmconfig.cfg [RESOLVED]
Post by: MStickney on November 13, 2014, 12:36:28 PM
Success!
Title: Re: Missing hmconfig.cfg [RESOLVED]
Post by: Telex Ferra on November 13, 2014, 12:40:43 PM
Great, now that you're on, consider signing up for our SRPs!
Title: Re: Missing hmconfig.cfg [RESOLVED]
Post by: MStickney on November 13, 2014, 12:48:13 PM
I have already looked, I don't have much interest in the remaining positions for the SRP's. I don't think I'm going to try to start my own, as I haven't been here in so long.
Title: Re: Missing hmconfig.cfg [RESOLVED]
Post by: Telex Ferra on November 13, 2014, 12:50:35 PM
Quote from: MStickney on November 13, 2014, 12:48:13 PM
I have already looked, I don't have much interest in the remaining positions for the SRP's. I don't think I'm going to try to start my own, as I haven't been here in so long.

Doesn't matter how long you've been here. If you want to stat one, feel free to do so. You could also work with someone here to make your life easier. I know Lucas, for example, is looking for people to work with.

OF course, even if you get a lower ranked position in one of the current SRPs doesn't mean that you won't have anything to do. Grizz, SFC3, Andzzy, and myself try very hard to make sure that everybody has something to do.