The Last Outpost

Gaming Divisions => Crew Applications => Star Trek: Asteroid Field => Archived SRPs => Serial Roleplays => RPG-X => Completed Applications => Topic started by: Lucas Picard on December 14, 2014, 12:54:17 PM

Title: Lucas' Application
Post by: Lucas Picard on December 14, 2014, 12:54:17 PM
Character Name: Ferne Young
Character Race: Human
Most Desired Position: ACoS
Second Most Desired Position: ACMO
Third Most Desired Position: Bio
Model: Crusher
Comments:

Inappropriate comment removed - Telex
Title: Re: Lucas' Application
Post by: Grizz on December 16, 2014, 02:39:42 AM
Application is pending due to LOA
Title: Re: Lucas' Application
Post by: Lucas Picard on December 16, 2014, 03:04:09 AM
I said that I still can attend RPs but I aint going to be on the forums much that is all just as SFC3 he can back me up on this :)
Title: Re: Lucas' Application
Post by: Grizz on December 16, 2014, 05:47:16 AM
I cannot accept one of your desired positions until you're active on the forums as it's why we're here now. SFC3 wouldn't be XO if he wasn't.

I would suggest taking ENG / MED / SCI in the meantime until your return.
Title: Re: Lucas' Application
Post by: Lucas Picard on December 16, 2014, 07:49:30 AM
But I will be on the rp every week aint that enough? I just be less active on the forums that is all and besides it was Jensons idea to take this loa just to be away from the forums and still be doing the SRPs every week
Title: Re: Lucas' Application
Post by: SFC3 on December 16, 2014, 08:17:36 AM
i can attest to Lucas' statement and agree with Grizz - you should not take an important role without checking the forums regularly.

Title: Re: Lucas' Application
Post by: Grizz on December 16, 2014, 08:53:25 AM
Lucas, I am suspending this application for the time-being. When you have returned to the forums, we will discuss a regular position again.

Please check your PMs later today for further clarification.
Title: Re: Lucas' Application
Post by: Lucas Picard on December 16, 2014, 09:12:12 AM
What about the Bio spot surely you are not considering to not let me have that role?
Title: Re: Lucas' Application
Post by: Grizz on December 16, 2014, 10:42:16 AM
I will be clarifying in my PM which I can't send until I get home because my current Internet access simply times out the request. But this decision won't be reversed.
Title: Re: Lucas' Application
Post by: Telex Ferra on December 16, 2014, 10:08:41 PM
Lucas, as creator of Asteroid Field, Grizz has complete authority over who takes what roles. I suggest you follow her advice and check the boards regularly, or be satisfied with a low level position.

You can't eat your cake and have it too.
Title: Re: Lucas' Application
Post by: Lucas Picard on December 17, 2014, 08:37:18 AM
Quote from: Telex Ferra on December 16, 2014, 10:08:41 PM
Lucas, as creator of Asteroid Field, Grizz has complete authority over who takes what roles. I suggest you follow her advice and check the boards regularly, or be satisfied with a low level position.

You can't eat your cake and have it too.

that means I would cancel my LOA but I do check it everyday though I just be less talkative on the shout box or on the forums
Title: Re: Lucas' Application
Post by: Martin Thompson on December 17, 2014, 09:06:14 AM
Quote from: Lucas Picard on December 17, 2014, 08:37:18 AM
that means I would cancel my LOA but I do check it everyday though I just be less talkative on the shout box or on the forums

You obviously did not check the Asteroid Field boards for a period of a month, since that is how long the Roll Call was up. You did not reply to that and lost your position. Often, ther e is important information about the story or the proceedings of the RP on the board. If a person playing a higher-ranking character misses these posts it influences the RP because you might not be up to date on the plot/happenings leading to confusion in RP and a less enjoyable experience for everyone.

As Telex and Grizz have pointed out already, you either take a junior position, which are usually not crucial to major plot developments. Missing an episode or not knowing some of the backstory of the RP is no problem then because it wont influence the role play as much. Or you become more active on the forums, reading the AF threads atleast twice a week so that you are up to date on everything, which would also mean you would be back from LOA. The fact that you have missed out on the AF threads for a period of a month already proves you have not been active enough to take on a more senior position in the RP because of your forum activity. If this is now going to change, that also means your LOA is over. If your LOA is not yet over, it also means that you wont/can't be active enough to follow the posts made here and thus are not active enough to take on a more senior position in the RP an you will have to settle with a junior position.

It now has no more sense arguing about it either. So you have two choises.
1. Settle for a junior position.
2. End your LOA, be active on the forums and apply for a more senior position.
Title: Re: Lucas' Application
Post by: Lucas Picard on December 17, 2014, 09:43:34 AM
Well I am waiting for grizz to accept my new Application form to attend the so called lower positions like Med, Sec, Eng and possibly the Bio too but as Grizz mentioned she only wants me to be a starfleet officer but.... idk if she will accept it and if not then what can I do?

here is the fresh app I made yesterday:
http://www.last-outpost.net/forum/index.php/topic,7679.0.html

And for the record I do keep track on AF thread every Friday but I admit that I missed the Roll Call I put my hand up to that its because I was too busy with stuff in real like visiting my nephew in a hospice, getting stuff for Xmas, wrapping present's, visiting the cemetery the list goes on and on, that is why I missed the Roll Call. I know it is my fault to miss it but with this Xmas around the corner in the next 7 days till Christmas day I mean in my family we always start getting bits for Xmas in the middle of October towards to the end of that month and with all of that stress from that and on TLO is making me doing the wrong things like the other day Jenson has giving me an official warning for the first time ever here at TLO in last 2 years, that is one reason why I'm taking a short break for few weeks until New Year's Day maybe before that even.

So I just wanted to put this forward to everyone.
Title: Re: Lucas' Application
Post by: Jenson on December 17, 2014, 11:47:51 AM
I am locking both of these application topics as Grizz has made a decision which has been well-communicated to all involved and the matter has been settled, and further discussion about these topics is not needed.