The Last Outpost

Gaming Divisions => Galactic News Network => Star Trek Online => STO News => Topic started by: SFC3 on March 19, 2015, 09:11:43 PM

Title: New Episode - Uneasy Allies
Post by: SFC3 on March 19, 2015, 09:11:43 PM
(https://last-outpost.net/forum/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fimages-cdn.perfectworld.com%2Farc%2F55%2F65%2F556531cf8329c273a852e1929bb8f2c51426608201.png&hash=f906de3a4b452c72bde74a76065aa733b2442a16)

Star Trek Online recently celebrated its fifth anniversary. Almost every story arc we've released over these five years has teased a coming threat. Nearly every attack, every clandestine operation, and every crisis that pushed the galaxy closer to war and instability has been orchestrated by a singular, ancient enemy.

The Iconians.

We've chased their shadows. We've walked in their footsteps, and we've found and used their gateways. Last year, in "Surface Tension," we finally saw one in the flesh. The danger was real. Through Delta Rising, we saw the lengths to which the Iconians were willing to go to control a willing species. They equipped the Vaadwaur with technology and sent them to disrupt the peace and stability of an entire quadrant.

Late last year Sela was rescued from an Iconian facility in "What's Left Behind." She's been in custody awaiting trial in the Romulan Republic ever since.

On Thursday, March 26, we will release "Uneasy Allies," a new featured episode starring Denise Crosby and the next part of our serialized storyline. You can expect two more blogs that will set the stage for this episode and let you see a little of what's happened to Sela since her apprehension. "Uneasy Allies" kicks off a story that's been five years in the making.

The Iconians are coming, and this is our last chance to prepare for war.

Stephen Ricossa
Executive Producer
Star Trek Online
Title: Re: New Episode - Uneasy Allies
Post by: SFC3 on March 19, 2015, 09:12:55 PM
Lore Piece: Debriefing Session 28:

(https://last-outpost.net/forum/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fimages-cdn.perfectworld.com%2Farc%2F36%2Fa8%2F36a8688007771db658b52437dd2361891426782237.png&hash=03348bc7f8143ec932bf5f394f9f0c5068610aa0)

Debriefing Session 28
Location: Mol'Rihan Detention Center, Maximum Security


Subject was brought to the briefing room at 0830 hours. Per normal protocol, she was restrained and accompanied by two armed guards at all times.

Note: Lieutenant Seken was observed speaking to subject when they entered the interrogation room. Recommend he be reassigned and have no further contact with subject.

Interview lasted for approximately three hours. During most of that time, subject gave no response to questions. This has been her normal behavior over the past several weeks.

Silence. Always silence.

Today, however, subject attempted to bargain. Relevant portions of the interview are below:



INTERVIEWER: Today I want to talk about your time with the Iconians. At the time of your capture, you indicated that you had been a hostage of the Iconians.

SUBJECT: I was not captured. I escaped an Iconian prison. I needed your ship to leave.

INTERVIEWER: So you maintain you were a hostage?

SUBJECT: For the purpose of conversation, yes. Let's say I was.

INTERVIEWER: So you have never been an ally of the Iconians.

SUBJECT: I wouldn't go that far.

INTERVIEWER: So you are working with the Iconians?

SUBJECT: I didn't say that, either.

INTERVIEWER: So what are you saying?

SUBJECT: Whether I was captured or rescued by the Iconians is immaterial. You're asking the wrong questions. Always the wrong questions.

INTERVIEWER: So what should I be asking?

SUBJECT: You should be asking what I know about the Iconians now.

INTERVIEWER: And if I asked that, you would tell me?

SUBJECT: No ... not with that attitude.

INTERVIEWER: You are a prisoner of the Romulan Republic, awaiting trial for war crimes. My attitude, as you deem it, is not your concern.

SUBJECT: Very well. I am a prisoner of war. I request treatment due someone of my status.

INTERVIEWER: What do you mean?

SUBJECT: I have had no access to legal counsel, as you well know. I am not allowed visitors or adequate recreation time. I am not even given reading material in my cell, and counting the ceiling tiles has become ... tiresome.

INTERVIEWER: Cooperate, and I'm sure we can arrange any reasonable accommodations for your ... status.

SUBJECT: There you go, changing the rules. If I am a prisoner of war, as you said, then the treaties your government abides by afford me certain rights. If I am not, then I am just your hostage. Does your democratic government keep many such hostages?

INTERVIEWER: The Romulan Republic is not under interrogation here!

SUBJECT: Neither am I.



At that point, subject asked for access to legal counsel. I refused. She then asked for a PADD so she could write messages to counsel. I refused. She is to have no contact with the outside world. She then suggested pen and paper. I refused. In her hands, a pen could be a weapon.


I have agreed to give her a selection of reading material on a PADD locked from read/write access. We should consider her other requests, as well as the inquiry from the Federation ambassador about her treatment, with an eye toward security.

She is dangerous. We cannot let her out.
Title: Re: New Episode - Uneasy Allies
Post by: SFC3 on March 24, 2015, 09:21:51 PM
Lore Piece: Incident At Mol'Rihan Center

(https://last-outpost.net/forum/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fimages-cdn.perfectworld.com%2Farc%2F4c%2Fe1%2F4ce1f1443ac05e4878a0d2fbd2b6d6e81427220810.png&hash=9e728571339a69aa9332e1582f45973774db8730)
After Incident Debrief – Arbiter S'pen Kellek
Location: Mol'Rihan Detention Center



ARBITER KELLEK: I just want you to know I had nothing to do with this. She didn't tell me anything.

INTERVIEWER: Yes, we understand. We're just trying to get all the facts.

ARBITER KELLEK: You have to believe me. I didn't want to be her counsel. I didn't ask for this assignment. I didn't help her!

INTERVIEWER: You sound upset. Why?

ARBITER KELLEK: Because I'm probably going to end up in prison for something I didn't do!

INTERVIEWER: No one's on trial here. I'm simply getting your story. Now, in your own words, what happened?

ARBITER KELLEK: I was assigned as Sela's legal counsel three days ago. Like I said, I didn't ask for this assignment. In fact, I think she should rot for the rest of her days. All the things she did to our people, to my family ... I'm from Cirini Prime. Her forces blockaded us for months before the Federation came.

INTERVIEWER: I understand your frustration. You said you were appointed as her legal counsel?

ARBITER KELLEK: Yes. She ... she has the right to a defense, no matter what my personal feelings are. I believe that. So when I was asked to take her case, I agreed to do so.

INTERVIEWER: And then what happened?

ARBITER KELLEK: Not much. I met with her at the detention facility twice before the initial hearing. The first time I just explained the process to her. She didn't have any questions, but she did thank me for my efforts on her behalf.

INTERVIEWER: And how did that make you feel?

ARBITER KELLEK: Like I needed a sonic shower.

INTERVIEWER: And the second meeting?

ARBITER KELLEK: It was right before she was transported to the Hall of Justice for the initial hearing. I told her that the charges would be read and she would have the opportunity to enter a plea and see which justices had been selected for the panel, but that no testimony would be heard.

INTERVIEWER: Then what happened?

ARBITER KELLEK: She asked if she could bring the book she was reading with her to the court. I told her that it wouldn't be necessary, but she said that "democratic theater" was slow and uninteresting and she would need something to pass the time.

INTERVIEWER: And you agreed?

ARBITER KELLEK: What harm could her having a PADD do? I had three with me during our conversation. So I had a guard get it from her cell and give it to her.

The only thing clear to me at that point was that she wouldn't be taking an active role in her defense. Sela thought the verdict was a foregone conclusion.

INTERVIEWER: And what did you think?

ARBITER KELLEK: I think my client is guilty of unspeakable war crimes. I think the majority of the Republic would like five minutes alone with her in a room with no cameras and a Klingon pain stick. But it was still my job to ensure the process was fair.

INTERVIEWER: What happened next?

ARBITER KELLEK: I walked with her and her guards to the transporter pad. I told her that she would be transported directly to the Hall of Justice, and that I would follow after her. Then she ... she smiled.

INTERVIEWER: Sela smiled at you?

ARBITER KELLEK: She smiled and said "that won't be necessary." Then she touched her PADD, and I heard her say "Gaius, I'm ready." Then she was just ... gone.

INTERVIEWER: Gone?

ARBITER KELLEK: Transported! Gone! She never made it to the Hall of Justice. We never activated the transport! Someone else did it! She's gone!

INTERVIEWER: Calm down. No one is accusing you of helping her.

ARBITER KELLEK: But she's gone. And I've been in this room for more than six hours now. When do I get to go home?

(https://last-outpost.net/forum/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fimages-cdn.perfectworld.com%2Farc%2Fa8%2Fc2%2Fa8c2ba9dba9ddc5c4e6905b9099fabb01427220827.gif&hash=764e263527a4e800da8c80cdff4444d7de49bbd0)

Republic Intelligence Notes:


Sela was transported off planet at 0745 hours, just as Arbiter Kellek reports. When she arrived in the transporter room at the detention center, it was the first time she had been in an area without that was not covered by transport inhibitors and subspace blockers since her arrival on New Romulus.

It's obvious now she was waiting for that opportunity, and that she had allies both in orbit and at the detention center. One of Sela's guards, a Lieutenant Seken, is currently missing, and the PADD she was using had been altered to allow subspace transmissions. We are investigating Seken's ties to imperial loyalists, and have determined that he has a nephew who serves on a Romulan Star Navy vessel.

We do not know Sela's location at this time; although we think she is still in Romulan space. A shuttle is missing from the R.R.W. Lleiset, and we believe it was used in Sela's escape. Commander Jarok is cooperating with the investigation.

We've locked down the detention center and all media transmissions off planet. D'Tan is currently meeting with representatives of the Federation and the Klingon Empire, and he will address the Senate in closed session in an hour. We've announced that Sela's hearing will be delayed, but under no circumstances can we let the news become public knowledge.

We have no idea how many people in our Republic are loyal to that monster. If we can't recapture her, it could mean war.
Title: Re: New Episode - Uneasy Allies
Post by: SFC3 on March 26, 2015, 08:05:28 PM
The New Episode: Uneasy Allies is live!

(https://last-outpost.net/forum/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fimages-cdn.perfectworld.com%2Farc%2F2a%2F41%2F2a41172b50ffbd2faf116b5366d35ab41427244828.png&hash=f56a7904b17767f8d726627dc37df2758bad9ad2)

Each week we'll be rolling out an additional reward for the Featured Episode "Uneasy Allies." This week's reward is the Romulan Imperial Navy Combat Armor. In addition, the first completion of "Uneasy Allies" on an account this week gives an Enhanced Universal Tech Upgrade. This tech upgrade is Bound to Account, and costs no Dilithium to use. This tech upgrade is available each week! Captains can potentially get up to 3 of these! Be sure to check back each week to get your newest one!

(https://last-outpost.net/forum/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fimages-cdn.perfectworld.com%2Farc%2F29%2F7a%2F297a29e0f646e67e99973081d63bf5861427387676.png&hash=40e3210f0317220c62d8ab9c1ad2480d0162c491)

The Romulan combat armor has a high energy damage resistance rating, with a focus on resisting plasma damage. The suit also enhances secondary weapons fire, drastically increasing their damage.

(https://last-outpost.net/forum/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fimages-cdn.perfectworld.com%2Farc%2Fc5%2Fcc%2Fc5cce6c3b1d6ed6ae5d1b734bd171ff01427245128.png&hash=9e8251f906a6a24d7b15d97ac6770f47d479463e)

You will receive the Romulan Imperial Navy Combat Armor at a rank-appropriate Mark. Upgrading the armor to improve with your rank has no cost, up to Mk XII. Further upgrades will require technology points and Dilithium as normal.

This armor is part of the Romulan Imperial Navy set. Collect pieces from this set to unlock powerful set bonuses:

Romulan Imperial Navy Set

Integrated Tactical Support (2 piece)

This two piece bonus increases your energy damage resistance while aiming, and your critical severity while crouching.

Emergency Regenerative Shield Array (3 piece)

This three piece bonus applies a shield heal and damage reduction buff to your team when you take damage while your shields are depleted.

Next week we'll reveal week two's reward for "Uneasy Allies." Stay tuned!

Jon Steady
Systems Designer
Star Trek Online
Title: Re: New Episode - Uneasy Allies
Post by: SFC3 on April 02, 2015, 04:04:05 PM
Each week we'll be rolling out an additional reward for the Featured Episode "Uneasy Allies." Last week's reward was the Romulan Imperial Navy Combat Armor. This week's reward is the Romulan Imperial Navy Personal Shield. In addition, the first completion of "Uneasy Allies" on an account this week gives an Enhanced Universal Tech Upgrade. This tech upgrade is Bound to Account, and costs no Dilithium to use.

(https://last-outpost.net/forum/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fimages-cdn.perfectworld.com%2Farc%2F1d%2Fab%2F1dab139580119e4eca8bc8a4db56c7541427992942.png&hash=13d9c5bc13bce47ddd7288dc7d0815bbb4d07c68)

The Romulan personal shield reduces incoming energy damage by a significant amount. The shield also has a chance to increase your outgoing damage when hit. You will receive the Romulan Imperial Navy Personal Shield at a rank-appropriate Mark, and it can be freely upgraded to Mk XII. Further upgrades will require technology points and Dilithium as normal.
Title: Re: New Episode - Uneasy Allies
Post by: SFC3 on April 13, 2015, 07:23:22 AM
Last week's reward for the Featured Episode "Uneasy Allies" was the Romulan Imperial Navy Personal Shield. The final rewards are the career-specific Romulan Imperial Navy Kits coupled with the Plasma Feedback Cascade Universal Kit Module. In addition, the first completion of "Uneasy Allies" on an account this week gives an Enhanced Universal Tech Upgrade. This tech upgrade is Bound to Account, and costs no Dilithium to use.

Romulan Imperial Navy Kits increase the wearer's critical chance and critical severity. They also improve ground shield strength and enhance the user's plasma damage. These kits have kit module slots appropriate for your career and rank. Plasma Feedback Cascade augments your personal shield to discharge plasma back at attacking enemies, which then chains between multiple enemy targets. These items are acquired at a rank-appropriate Mark. Players may re-acquire the kit and kit module at higher marks by repeating "Uneasy Allies" at a higher rank.

All Romulan Imperial Navy and the Plasma Repeater Pistol rewards will remain as selectable on "Uneasy Allies" once it is added to the normal Episode list. Enhanced Universal Tech Upgrades will not be acquirable by running "Uneasy Allies" once this week is over. Make sure not to miss out!