The Last Outpost

Gaming Divisions => Archived SRPs => Serial Roleplays => RPG-X => Star Trek: The Lost Era => Topic started by: Klaw on March 23, 2015, 12:00:44 PM

Title: Hercules (Phoenix) Bug reports
Post by: Klaw on March 23, 2015, 12:00:44 PM
Good Afternoon - I'm putting this here - as this Serial is what is using the map, for the moment.

Yesterday, we uncovered a handful of bugs for Herculesv2, And some of them are known to me - others appear to be new.

if any and all of you who may have uncovered bugs for the map would be so kind as to explain In as Much Detail as Possible what happened, where it was, etc etc. I would be only too happy to take a look and see if I can fix it - possibly even before next week's episode :D

A few bugs/complaints I'm aware of:

Place Holder

Bugs I've looked at and have fixed... I think
Area portals - submitted by Serris - After looking at the .map file, I noticed that they were freakin huge... I don't know what possessed me to make area portals that big... but, it has been rectified.

From the CO's Quarters, one can look out the window and see the Warp Core...
From the Mess Hall, one can look out the window and see the warp/impulse stars of the Shuttlebay. - This was fixed.... upon investigation, one of the jeffries tube doors heading to the Engineering Deck didn't quite make it to touching one of the walls... by resizing the door, both of these bleed through problems have been fixed

Comments of the map being too dark. - lighting intensigty in the shader script has been increased more then 200%, a difference is quite noticeable - I'm still playing with it though
Title: Re: Hercules (Phoenix) Bug reports
Post by: Serris on March 23, 2015, 12:37:23 PM
The area portals in the Engineering section are really weird. Specifically, the turbolift door archway and the archway leading from engineering to the turbolift area. You can reliably force the game to unload more detailed assets, like doors, wall strips, and the entire warp core, and the areas that trigger it are pretty large. If I remember correctly, it also makes other players invisible to you.

(https://last-outpost.net/forum/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2F8rYHeno.jpg&hash=83d00a39b499425c9e58968293e420c94263e22e)

(https://last-outpost.net/forum/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2FVWBK57r.jpg&hash=36c9d042d06c1822f26b6b8c50667eeba1486f2c)

(https://last-outpost.net/forum/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2FT2HkS1M.jpg&hash=e0f1ed0870f52728f61ab248caf2817fb6ab8b1f)

(https://last-outpost.net/forum/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2FOmjMttA.jpg&hash=034ab60e49e6297e36ccc83ca8629d2cc7a37ea6)
Title: Re: Hercules (Phoenix) Bug reports
Post by: Klaw on March 23, 2015, 12:59:41 PM
Updated my list - keep them coming :)
Title: Re: Hercules (Phoenix) Bug reports
Post by: Telex Ferra on March 23, 2015, 05:36:57 PM
it's soooo dark
Title: Re: Hercules (Phoenix) Bug reports
Post by: Klaw on March 23, 2015, 07:46:20 PM
Updated - lighting will be tested tomorrow, but the script for the lights has been bumped up a bit.
Title: Re: Hercules (Phoenix) Bug reports
Post by: Serris on March 23, 2015, 07:57:20 PM
If I may make a suggestion, maybe you should lower the ceiling in Engineering to the top of the wall consoles seen in this shot:

(https://last-outpost.net/forum/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2F8rYHeno.jpg&hash=83d00a39b499425c9e58968293e420c94263e22e)

Seems like a lot of wasted space. Increasing the size of the viewscreen would do wonders for the bridge, and the plant models you've used all have the shader bug that prevents them from displaying properly, so those might benefit from being changed.
Title: Re: Hercules (Phoenix) Bug reports
Post by: Klaw on March 24, 2015, 08:15:53 AM
I have squared the view screen out. it's about as big as it'll go without redesigning the entire bridge (which may happen down the road anyway)

Lighting updates are in full swing, I'm testing for the magic number...
Title: Re: Hercules (Phoenix) Bug reports
Post by: Klaw on March 25, 2015, 04:07:56 PM
Updated - does anyone else have any bugs/issues they wish to report?

At present, I'm fixing some issues with textures... it appears that my fresh install of RPG-X has wreaked some havoc with my compiler in radiant... I will have this sorted out soon - and if I don't, I'll improvise :P
Title: Re: Hercules (Phoenix) Bug reports
Post by: Telex Ferra on March 25, 2015, 11:08:40 PM
Yeah, yeah Klaw, blame the compiler.
Title: Re: Hercules (Phoenix) Bug reports
Post by: Klaw on March 27, 2015, 05:52:11 PM
Crossing my fingers that a re-install fixes my problems....

hopefully I can release an update sometime soon :)
Title: Re: Hercules (Phoenix) Bug reports
Post by: Klaw on March 29, 2015, 03:19:04 PM
So after today's RP, I need to add the beeping sound that is cause, I think, when locking doors - easy enough fix

does anyone have anything else to add after today's RP?
Title: Re: Hercules (Phoenix) Bug reports
Post by: Klaw on April 02, 2015, 04:40:51 PM
Wouldn't it be nice to look out through this viewscreen, instead of the odd shaped one?

(https://last-outpost.net/forum/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fi307.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fnn283%2FLeftbridge%2Fnew%2520viewer_zpsme8xz3wq.jpg&hash=4bbd3bfc75049a75c7822f3e831cc5dbcc550541)

Well, cross your fingers that this chain of bugs ends soon!
Title: Re: Hercules (Phoenix) Bug reports
Post by: Serris on April 02, 2015, 06:03:19 PM
My only recommendation at this point is to move the helm and ops consoles closer to the center to give them a better view out the viewscreen. Otherwise, it's looking pretty good.
Title: Re: Hercules (Phoenix) Bug reports
Post by: Klaw on April 04, 2015, 09:19:05 PM
SO, I think I won!

Latest compile appeared free of stupid bugs, and just needed some simple texture modifications.

There should be a link for the update soon (after I hand it to a select few for testing)
Title: Re: Hercules (Phoenix) Bug reports
Post by: Serris on April 14, 2015, 05:25:54 PM
I noticed a couple of things in the last revision you distributed for closed testing. First, one of the jeffries tube doors just above the crew deck junction becomes transparent after it's been opened for the first time, but only on the bottom side. It reappears once the door opens, but when it's closed, the left hatch is transparent and you can see through the area portal.

(https://last-outpost.net/forum/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2FyZNj7Fk.jpg&hash=1e23f4ed0f807c63ef096efd5751cc357176eca0)
(https://last-outpost.net/forum/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2FStI3IMK.jpg&hash=fbe61e02afdd21531de71ac80488700986454277)

Also, that junction hasn't been renamed to reflect its new position on the ship. It says Deck 8 Maintenance instead of Deck 6.

(https://last-outpost.net/forum/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2FnOHoajj.jpg&hash=53008583ffca379a6f243aa23d5059c657de068a)
Title: Re: Hercules (Phoenix) Bug reports
Post by: Klaw on April 22, 2015, 01:27:38 PM
Progress is going Slowly (as is expected around Finals' Season) but it's still being made.

Updated Images will be uploaded sometime in the next couple weeks - until then - enjoy a dancing monkey

(https://last-outpost.net/forum/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.netanimations.net%2FMoving-animated-picture-of-dancing-green-monkey.gif&hash=68a9dcb5b87e2e981a2c457780c19f2f677637c0)
Title: Re: Hercules (Phoenix) Bug reports
Post by: Klaw on May 17, 2015, 03:11:07 PM
I'm hoping to have the time (and drive) this coming weekend to make some real progress on this project.

So far, the corridor and Transporter room re-works are very pretty... and I'm hoping to keep it up.

in the mean time, it's not too late to report bugs to me via this thread!