It is with a heavy heart that I must bring the current running of Star Trek: Asteroid Field to an end.
Between now and September, my employment will be changing hands and the additional workload in the interim has already begun to build. The great time that I would put in to the SRP has already been diminished and will only decrease over the coming weeks. Unfortunately TLO & RPG-X will be slipping down my list of priorities until things have settled. I had hoped that this wouldn't be the case, but it is to be so.
The storyline finds itself in a very similar position to that of Asteroid Base's original incarnation, when it was cancelled a number of years ago. I am determined to ensure that it will not remain that way on this occasion. Hopefully, in a few months or so, I will be in a position to return fully. Perhaps then, if our members are still active and interested, we will be able to put a continuation to a vote and pick it up.
Until then, I would like to thank you all for your support and participation over the years - and I hope to see you and your characters again soon.
(https://last-outpost.net/forum/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2Fbjiv212.jpg&hash=3e587412df533fad33118fc2f7c62b5f7b7ce521)
That is sad to hear from a TLO point of view, but perhaps a good thing for yourself Grizz (though I don't know if this is a positive or negative influence to your work).
I'm sure that if you'll get more time in the future, we'll still be here to continue where we left off (and right now when we where just getting started again!).
We'll keep the spot warm ;)
...and I only just got back... :(
Thanks for putting on such a good show, though, Grizz. Best of luck to you with your work-- I'm sure it'll work out okay!
Thank you for everything you've given to us Grizz. Hopefully the change of employment and life in general treats you extremely well in the coming months. I know Tim Rogan will still be kicking around when you return, and I'm certain many others will be as well.
Thank you all. You should know that I haven't just abandoned it. When I've had the chance, I've been tearing down the Vega arc and rebuilding it to fix some flaws which would have brought it down. Being able to look at it without the need to plan for "the next episode" has been comforting.
As of today, I've got another month of nonsense to get through before I can declare myself "back." But even then I don't know what the situation will be - it would have to be submitted and should the interest be there, there will be a new timeslot to find, which wouldn't be that easy.
But one way or another, Asteroid Field isn't dead - even if it has to be revived through a series of specials.
QuoteBut one way or another, Asteroid Field isn't dead - even if it has to be revived through a series of specials.
\
Huzzah!