The Last Outpost

Member Services => Engineering => Resolved Support Requests => Topic started by: Quantum Novae on August 04, 2015, 09:16:43 AM

Title: Strange hmconfig location [CLOSED]
Post by: Quantum Novae on August 04, 2015, 09:16:43 AM
Hi, I'm Kevin!

I noticed that in this version of RPG-X the hmconfig.cfg file isn't in %appdata% anymore.

That's the strange thing. I installed XUE on Windows 7 (I use the italian version of the Microsoft OS) and the path of hmconfig is "C:\Program\RPG-X2". Normally, programs are installed in "C:\Program files", but the system displays it as "C:\Programmi". However if I digit "C:\Program files" the system bounces me in "C:\Programmi" folder.

I also installed XUE in a windows X P partition (E:). In the italian version of Windows X P if i digit "E:\Program files" it gives me error because the only path that is recognized is "E:\Programmi". This time, the path of hmconfig.cfg is "E:\Programmi\The"

I also bought a VPS to run my RPG-X server, and the path is "C:\Program"

It seems there is something that does not work with X P... :|
Title: Re: Strange hmconfig location [CLOSED]
Post by: Scott Archer on August 04, 2015, 10:17:57 AM
The latest version of UE forced the hmconfig into the RPG-X program files.
Title: Re: Strange hmconfig location [CLOSED]
Post by: Quantum Novae on August 04, 2015, 10:58:13 AM
When was it released? I already see an fs_homepath parameter in my desktop shortcut
Title: Re: Strange hmconfig location [CLOSED]
Post by: Serris on August 04, 2015, 02:32:38 PM
Quote from: Quantum Novae on August 04, 2015, 10:58:13 AM
When was it released? I already see an fs_homepath parameter in my desktop shortcut

The last release was back in January. I'm actually working on fixing this bug in the next release. It should delete the improper location and force hmconfig to write to the game install directory like it was supposed to. I didn't code the shortcut parameters properly in the installer and forgot to wrap the fs_homepath location in quotes, so Windows stops reading after Drive:\Program and forces the homepath to that folder.
Title: Re: Strange hmconfig location [CLOSED]
Post by: Quantum Novae on August 04, 2015, 03:13:11 PM
Yes, I added some quotes few minutes ago but this bug come again @_@

Hope the next patch will fix this secular problem  O:-)
Title: Re: Strange hmconfig location [CLOSED]
Post by: RadioActivitii on August 04, 2015, 08:08:49 PM
Something similar happened when I installed it, it has made three folders in my C:\ directory called Program1, Program2, and Program3.

http://i.imgur.com/Iu5MMW5.png

Kinda weird, but probably nothing.
Title: Re: Strange hmconfig location [CLOSED]
Post by: Shoot on August 06, 2015, 03:37:52 PM
Radio, that's happened to me too, I think, kinda weird, yeah. XP
Title: Re: Strange hmconfig location [CLOSED]
Post by: Serris on August 06, 2015, 03:47:32 PM
Quote from: RadioActivitii on August 04, 2015, 08:08:49 PM
Something similar happened when I installed it, it has made three folders in my C:\ directory called Program1, Program2, and Program3.

http://i.imgur.com/Iu5MMW5.png

Kinda weird, but probably nothing.

That's likely a bug exclusive to Windows 8.1 and 10. Regardless, it should be fixed by the patch on the 14th.
Title: Re: Strange hmconfig location [CLOSED]
Post by: SFC3 on August 06, 2015, 07:20:49 PM
I also have this bug - I'm using windows 7.