The Last Outpost

Gaming Divisions => Star Trek: Daedalus => Archived SRPs => Serial Roleplays => RPG-X => Archives => Topic started by: Klaw on September 25, 2015, 10:44:06 PM

Title: Special 1 - The Algeron Incident
Post by: Klaw on September 25, 2015, 10:44:06 PM
(https://last-outpost.net/forum/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fi307.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fnn283%2FLeftbridge%2Fshot0040_zpss9q5p8yw.png&hash=80774ed905740e74edaf35e7fb4f0dda9d3eec7b)
Star Trek: Daedalus
The Algeron Incident
February 5th, 2156
Airdate: October 24th, at 13:00 EST (17:00 GMT)

Over the past 12 months, Freighter companies on earth and other friendly planets have done everything in their power to pull their crews off of the Sierra Run; The Route from Alpha Centauri, to Regulus and back.

This is in light of a number of missing freighter crews along that region which is believed to be caused by the increase in ion storm activity along the route.

However, at a maximum speed of Warp 2 - and in a ship that's still barely flying. The Earth ship: SS Ironman has yet to recieve the order to find another route back to Alpha Centauri. As a result, The Ironman is returning from Regulus via the "perilous" and "forbidden" route along the Sierra Run...
Title: Re: Special 1 - The Algeron Incident
Post by: Klaw on October 04, 2015, 09:35:00 AM
[spoiler]"...it would not be an atypical Romulan ploy. In their long history of war, the Romulans have rarely attacked first... they prefer to test their enemy's resolve" - Data, "The Defector"[/spoiler]

We're less than one week away, and I thought this would be a good time to list some additional required files for this special

rpg_dy100a_v2 (Included with UE)
Station_Vanderbilt_v3 (Included with UE)

*Note, if anyone needs a download link because they're not using UE and they don't have a map - let me know, and I'll try to find one!

Also, a I have a quick question. I was contemplating writing episode info threads in a slightly different format. At the top, writing the typical vague teaser, and down below - in a spoiler box that one would have to click to show, delivering my intended outline for the episode - listing step by step where I envision the story going.

The reason I'm considering doing this is because I can imagine, at least a small few of you all taking the time to read it, and then either in RP, or here on the forums (Via PM) - being able to offer suggestions and help broaden what could be an otherwise shallow and linear plot. That level of feedback is important to me - so I'm wondering: Is this a good idea that I should try out, or should I not even bother because you want to avoid the "Spoiler Express"?
Title: Re: Special 1 - The Algeron Incident
Post by: Martin Thompson on October 04, 2015, 01:28:23 PM
Quote from: Klaw on October 04, 2015, 09:35:00 AM
Also, a I have a quick question. I was contemplating writing episode info threads in a slightly different format. At the top, writing the typical vague teaser, and down below - in a spoiler box that one would have to click to show, delivering my intended outline for the episode - listing step by step where I envision the story going.

The reason I'm considering doing this is because I can imagine, at least a small few of you all taking the time to read it, and then either in RP, or here on the forums (Via PM) - being able to offer suggestions and help broaden what could be an otherwise shallow and linear plot. That level of feedback is important to me - so I'm wondering: Is this a good idea that I should try out, or should I not even bother because you want to avoid the "Spoiler Express"?


Sounds interesting to me, I'd be up for it anyways. Never hurts to have a few people at the side who each have a "different piece of the puzzel" sort to say to make it more interestingt for everyone.
Title: Re: Special 1 - The Algeron Incident
Post by: Klaw on October 06, 2015, 01:15:17 PM
Please note, I made a mistake in my time calculations (surprise surprise :P)

13:00 EDT equates to 17:00 GMT

The Information will be updated as soon as I can get to it.

Now, if you need me, I'll just be in this little blue box, minding my own business all the while ignoring the relativity of time on this world...
Title: Re: Special 1 - The Algeron Incident
Post by: Telex Ferra on October 06, 2015, 10:13:29 PM
won't be able to come this week
Title: Re: Special 1 - The Algeron Incident
Post by: Klaw on October 06, 2015, 10:22:00 PM
Quote from: Telex Ferra on October 06, 2015, 10:13:29 PM
won't be able to come this week

No worries - Thank you for the heads up :)
Title: Re: Special 1 - The Algeron Incident
Post by: Klaw on October 10, 2015, 10:31:52 AM
Apologies in advance

A surprise visit from trans-atlantic family has forced me to alter my plans today. I'm afraid I need to postpone this special. The new date will be determined shortly. Sorry for the inconvience.
Title: Re: Special 1 - The Algeron Incident
Post by: Martin Thompson on October 10, 2015, 12:16:57 PM
Quote from: Klaw on October 10, 2015, 10:31:52 AM
Apologies in advance

A surprise visit from trans-atlantic family has forced me to alter my plans today. I'm afraid I need to postpone this special. The new date will be determined shortly. Sorry for the inconvience.

I was just going to pm you i wouldnt be able to play trough the second half of the rp since something came up for me aswell. So its fine :P
Title: Re: Special 1 - The Algeron Incident
Post by: Klaw on October 12, 2015, 10:19:08 AM
Updated the Airdate to October 24th

I once again apologize, I am the eldest of 7 children, and I haven't seen 4 of those siblings in roughly 10 years.... When 4 of my sisters arrived with my mom on a surprise visit Saturday. I couldn't pass up spending time with them.

I'll see you all on the 24th! :)
Title: Re: Special 1 - The Algeron Incident
Post by: Klaw on October 21, 2015, 10:29:52 AM
Bump - This is SATURDAY - Begin the Hype!
Title: Re: Special 1 - The Algeron Incident
Post by: Telex Ferra on October 21, 2015, 12:01:34 PM
actually tho? I'll be there
Title: Re: Special 1 - The Algeron Incident
Post by: Shoot on October 21, 2015, 01:45:01 PM
I'll be there!
Title: Re: Special 1 - The Algeron Incident
Post by: Scott Archer on October 21, 2015, 04:40:05 PM
I won't make it :(
Title: Re: Special 1 - The Algeron Incident
Post by: Rage43220 on October 21, 2015, 10:55:26 PM
Sadly i wont be able to make it either.
Title: Re: Special 1 - The Algeron Incident
Post by: Martin Thompson on October 22, 2015, 03:15:29 AM
I'll be there!
Title: Re: Special 1 - The Algeron Incident
Post by: Klaw on October 24, 2015, 02:26:06 PM
Prologue:

QuoteOn a Remote Space Station in a still unknown region of space, a hooded man stands staring out the window of his office at a distant Ion Storm. A Sense of pride and satisfaction has overtaken him as he stands there thinking of the future. The Man turns to his desk and pages an aid.

Director: Send the Admiral in!

*Door Bell Rings*

The Director: Come in!

Admiral T'lek R'Var: Director *Salutes as he enters the room*

The Director: Is your Fleet Ready, Admiral?

Admiral T'lek R'Var: They are all in position

The Director stands, stagnate - engulfed by the spectacle outside of his window.

The Director: Your Predecessor, Valdore believed that stealth and deception were the tools to win this war.

Admiral T'Lek R'Var: Valdore was an old fool, stuck in his archaic ways.

The Director: Now, you and I will usher in a new age, Tomorrow the Raptors will take flight and the balance of power in the quadrant will shift back towards us. *The Director Pauses for a moment as he looks down to the floor.* Begin your advance, Admiral. Crush all resistance!

Admiral T'Lek R'Var: *A Great feeling of excitement overtakes him* We will finally see victory!

The Director: Indeed *Turns to show his Human Face* Earth will soon fall before our might! Proceed with your orders, Admiral.

The Admiral Salutes as he leaves the room. The Director Returns to his ponderings while staring into the heart of the storm. In the heart, a small flash of light is visible for only a second, then fades as quickly as it arrived....

I was pleased with how the story went...the Entire point of these specials is to simply tease your appetite and imagination as to what you can expect from Daedalus in the Future, The Turnout was, pleasant - I appreciate Telex, Martin and Shoot for taking the time to help me shake some rust off my Captain's Chair Today.

Keep an Eye out for a Prequel Special - "End of an Era" is coming soon.

FYI Feedback is appreciated, you three! :)
Title: Re: Special 1 - The Algeron Incident
Post by: Scott Archer on October 24, 2015, 02:35:42 PM
I'm across in Yorkshire for my cousin's birthday. Sorry I couldn't be there :(