The Last Outpost

Member Services => Engineering => Resolved Support Requests => Topic started by: Tim on October 29, 2015, 03:28:28 PM

Title: TLO Emails on Gmail
Post by: Tim on October 29, 2015, 03:28:28 PM
Hey, I have a question. I use my gmail address for TLO and have noticed that any email notifications I get from TLO are in the spam folder. I just logged into my gmail on my computer and checked the spam folder. I looked at a notification email from TLO that I received. At the top of the message it said "It is in violation of Google's recommended email sender guidelines" and had a link to this: https://support.google.com/mail/answer/81126?hl=en#authentication
I was wondering, Has anyone else using gmail for TLO had this happen?
Title: Re: TLO Emails on Gmail
Post by: Sheia K'Ress on October 29, 2015, 03:36:42 PM
Yeah, even I get that Tim.
Title: Re: TLO Emails on Gmail
Post by: Scott Archer on October 29, 2015, 04:11:18 PM
Yeah, I did when I first signed up (the main reason I wasn't on a lot until a few weeks after my forum signup date.)
Title: Re: TLO Emails on Gmail
Post by: Martin Thompson on October 31, 2015, 04:03:42 PM
Interesting, thanks for hte heads up. Ill look into this.
Title: Re: TLO Emails on Gmail
Post by: Tim on May 02, 2016, 08:44:31 PM
Now I'm not receiving any TLO email notifications, not even in my spam folder. The last notification email I received was from April 15th. Has anyone else had this happen?

I might try changing to my yahoo email for TLO to see if I receive the emails.
Title: Re: TLO Emails on Gmail
Post by: Tim on May 03, 2016, 08:17:31 PM
I changed to my yahoo email address and I am receiving the notification emails now. I don't know what is wrong with my gmail. No one else here seems to be having this problem.
Title: Re: TLO Emails on Gmail
Post by: Lipton on May 04, 2016, 09:53:37 PM
It happened to me too, Tim. Just got locked out of my account. I switched to a gmail address and was locked out because no activation email came. I had to switch back to the old email address. So this is becoming more of a problem.
Title: Re: TLO Emails on Gmail
Post by: Scott Archer on May 05, 2016, 01:05:02 PM
I long since changed mine to my EE email, and I've had no problems with that, but this is definitely something that needs looking into...
Title: Re: TLO Emails on Gmail
Post by: Martin Thompson on May 06, 2016, 03:41:18 AM
It probably has something to do with the fact that the TLO emails are not real email adresses anymore but aliases for existing email adresses. Still, no reason why it wouldn't work.

I'll have to reproduce this myself somehow before i can find out whats wrong with it.