Poll
Question:
What time do you want it?
Option 1: 9:30 PM EST on Friday
votes: 1
Option 2: 9:30 PM EST on Saturday
votes: 0
Option 3: Both
votes: 1
Option 4: Other
votes: 6
Name: Star Trek: Andromeda
Time: 9:30 PM EST on Friday or Saturday
Length: One to one and a half hours
Maps: HerculesV2, various maps for alien worlds/stations
Rankset: TLO
Class set: TLO
Uniform: Main
Plot: In 2382 (4 years after Voyager), the newly commissioned NCC-62048 USS Discovery, a new vessel named after the Nebula Class vessel before it. It is quite advanced, having a quantum slipstream drive and a fairly unstable trans-warp drive, along with the most advanced scientific and fairly high tier military equipment, making a ship designed for science that could stand up in a fight.
Arc 1: First Contact (Episodes 1-3)
After assembling the crew, the Discovery was sent on its maiden voyage, which was to check out some strange readings in the Vega system. When they get there, they find that it is an extremely strong wormhole. They go closer to investigate, but the gravometric waves the wormhole was creating were so strong they started pulling the Discovery in. It was to strong to use impulse to get away from, and if they went into warp, transwarp, or slipstream they would be torn apart. They get pulled into the wormhole and arrive on the other side, which had completely different star patterns than where they were, in fact not matching to the star patterns of any part of the Milky Way, and according to their distance tracker they were about 2.6 million light years away from Earth, in the Andromeda Galaxy!
They looked to the wormhole for escape, but it was disestablished by their engines and collapsed shortly afterwords. They decide that escape by any of the means at their disposal was impossible, so they would have to explore strange new worlds, seek out new life and new civilizations, boldly go where no Federation Officer had gone before, while still being vigilant for new technologies and natural events that could bring them home.
Shortly after they arrive, nearby warp capable species comes to investigate their presence, but luckily they are peaceful and empathetic to the Discovery's situation, and lead them to their homeworld for supplies, rest, and information. When they get there they learn that this fairly peaceful species, the Docathins, are at war with the nearby Qua'tar Empire, a state that aimed to conquer the entire quadrant. The Discovery at first decides to not get involved, as they simply wanted to learn about the area and hear the other side of the story. So they head of towards the Qua'tar space, but are attacked on the way by a Docathin ship after no provocation. After this, the Discovery decided to help the Docathins with the war.
After a few battles beside the Docathins, the Qua'tar stopped their assault on the Docathin, but swore that they would take over the Docathins and destroy the Discovery in any opportunity they had.
More Plots will be added soon
If you like the idea and can come, post whether you would rather it be Friday or Saturday night. I need at least 5 other people, one of them being an admin, to run this rp so I request that you please let me know if you could come. Thank you for reading, and I hope you enjoy!
That's really late for us Europeans, maybe reconsidering time?
As I said in the shoutbox earlier, I know it is 2 am for GMT and even later for Europeans. It is when I can come on, and though I would love to move it earlier, then I could not ensure my attendance, which is very important if I am to CO. If there comes some circumstance in the future that allows me to move it earlier, then I will, but until that happens, 9:30 is about the earliest start I can do. If you want I could do it at 12:00 AM EST So that you could all just get up at 4AM to do it, but that would be inconvenient for EST People, so 9:30 is really the best I can do for both groups. Again, if I could move it earlier, I would.
If needed I could do it really late for me, like midnight or 1 am so it is 6 or 7 for all you GMT people.