The Last Outpost

Member Services => Engineering => Resolved Support Requests => Topic started by: SmartScout on May 15, 2016, 09:41:01 AM

Title: RPG-X UE Glitches
Post by: SmartScout on May 15, 2016, 09:41:01 AM
Yesterday when I was logging on for Daedalus I got some strange glitches, where the text labels for things were wrong when I opened RPGX at least, if not also on holomatch. Then, when I was checking sound and graphics settings there were at ton to many choices, and they all had strange names, along with options for other buttons. When I tried to Connect to spicy, It got to achieving connection or whatever before going to the main menu. I tried to start a local server as a test, and it did the same thing. I then completely reinstalled RPGXUE from the bottom up, and the same glitches still occured. Please help, and please give a quick response, as I hope to attend AF later today
Title: Re: RPG-X UE Glitches
Post by: Telex Ferra on May 15, 2016, 09:49:00 AM
Start up RPG-X until you reach the main menu. If everything is still glitched open up the console and type

/condump log.txt

Then quit the game and navigate to your RPG-X/RPG-X2 folder and find log.txt. Attach that file to this post so we can take a look and figure out what's going wrong. With luck, we can get this sorted before AF  :)
Title: Re: RPG-X UE Glitches
Post by: SmartScout on May 15, 2016, 09:54:16 AM
Thank you for the quick reply and here is the requested folder:
Title: Re: RPG-X UE Glitches
Post by: Telex Ferra on May 15, 2016, 10:05:24 AM
Edit your shortcut to ADD the following options

+set vm_ui 0 +set vm_game 0 + set vm_cgame 0

and try again.
Title: Re: RPG-X UE Glitches
Post by: SmartScout on May 15, 2016, 10:10:36 AM
What box do I paste it into under Properties\Shortcut?
Title: Re: RPG-X UE Glitches
Post by: Telex Ferra on May 15, 2016, 10:11:55 AM
target. It should go onto the end with the other options.

As a side note, this is a problem that we have resolved in the upcoming 2.4 update.
Title: Re: RPG-X UE Glitches
Post by: SmartScout on May 15, 2016, 10:16:52 AM
When I put it in target immediately after the file location of the rpgxEF.exe, it says that it is not a valid target
Title: Re: RPG-X UE Glitches
Post by: SmartScout on May 15, 2016, 10:20:35 AM
I got the parameters to work, but the issue still persists. Here is the condump
Title: Re: RPG-X UE Glitches
Post by: Telex Ferra on May 15, 2016, 10:38:31 AM
Nope, it's still not working correctly. Can you please paste your shortcut target?
Title: Re: RPG-X UE Glitches
Post by: Telex Ferra on May 15, 2016, 11:29:33 AM
Resolved in the shoutbox