The Last Outpost

Gaming Divisions => Star Trek: Daedalus => Archived SRPs => Serial Roleplays => RPG-X => Season 2 Review => Topic started by: Klaw on August 20, 2016, 11:56:59 PM

Title: 02x05 Fight Back
Post by: Klaw on August 20, 2016, 11:56:59 PM

(https://last-outpost.net/forum/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2FUc7xRkD.png&hash=9c2db9b713a991d7de6b0e7f8a6abce28d3a4333)
Date: March 24, 2156
Airdate: Saturday, August 27th at 13:30 EST (18:30 BST) (17:30 GMT)

Klaw has initiated a full on lockdown of Sickbay, barricading himself in with Jack Telford, a junior Engineer onboard. Using the locked down medical facility as a base of operations from which to retake control of the ship, Klaw and Telford plan their next step.

Romulan Commander Torvek is not happy... He has ordered that Lieutenant Tancredi be brought to him personally. She has been tied to a chair in the Conference room... or as it's being called now by the Romulans... the Torture Chamber...

Most of the crew are either under guard in the Cargo bay, or securely locked in the crew deck. It's only a matter of time before more blood is spilt.

The crew are going to need a plan and soon.
Title: Re: 02x05 Fight Back
Post by: Klaw on August 21, 2016, 12:24:04 AM
Gonna Start by saying this...

The actions we each take will have consequences. (Up to and including the death of our characters)

I'm sketching out some specifics right now, and will likely be doing so all week.

Gonna say, people will die! (Don't be discouraged by this!)

Secondly, Shoot specifically, we're going to have a difficult time (and I know you're up for it :P) as We portray the true brutality of the Romulans. I'm taking some inspiration from some legends and stories from mainly the Roman Empire. It's going to be a big Psychological moment, and one that will likely resonate with your character (And indeed all of our characters) from this point on. (And Bare with me... two characters can be a bit confusing :P)

Thirdly, Those of you in the lockdown locations... will likely need to make some great use of the /me command as you perform various tasks during the battle for the ship.(And if I have any romulan guards, pay close attention - people roaming the halls, may really be crawling in some crazy crawl space...)

Lastly (I think) I will be speaking in a bit of code in character (And I'll PM people if they don't catch on immediately) so bear in mind, that when Klaw makes his broadcast and says something like "Engineering 101 - How to Stabilize Warp Containment" - He could mean that at 01:01 hours, Somebody needs to be in engineering to take down warp containment...

Lastly Lastly, The Action will move fast... and the episode will slow down around Mid-way, as reinforcements arrive... We'll then make some story resolutions, and setup a future episode.

I think that's all I have right now... be sure to post here to confirm your attendance, or your absence!
Title: Re: 02x05 Fight Back
Post by: Shoot on August 21, 2016, 04:02:51 AM
Cool! I like this... Cannot wait.
Title: Re: 02x05 Fight Back
Post by: Martin Thompson on August 21, 2016, 08:15:38 AM
I'll most probably will be there.
Title: Re: 02x05 Fight Back
Post by: Scott Archer on August 21, 2016, 05:32:00 PM
Gutted to be missing this, and the last episode :(
Title: Re: 02x05 Fight Back
Post by: Sheia K'Ress on August 22, 2016, 10:02:52 PM
Count me in! I'll be here this coming Saturday! Week off from work hell yes!
Title: Re: 02x05 Fight Back
Post by: minebuild02 on August 24, 2016, 01:09:35 PM
I wanna attend this very much!
Title: Re: 02x05 Fight Back
Post by: Klaw on August 24, 2016, 05:03:59 PM
Quote from: minebuild02 on August 24, 2016, 01:09:35 PM
I wanna attend this very much!

Then do so! What's stopping ya?
Title: Re: 02x05 Fight Back
Post by: Klaw on August 25, 2016, 07:58:31 PM
This is Saturday!!!!! Hope to see you all there! :)
Title: Re: 02x05 Fight Back
Post by: StringTheorist on August 26, 2016, 10:21:09 PM
Everything's good here in my neck of the woods. I should be there
Title: Re: 02x05 Fight Back
Post by: Martin Thompson on August 27, 2016, 09:44:49 AM
Update, I'm afraid I won't be able to come after all due to some last-minute dinner plans. Sorry Klaw. I can already tell you I won't be there next week either :(

See you in 2 weeks hopefully!
Title: Re: 02x05 Fight Back
Post by: Shoot on August 27, 2016, 09:53:06 AM
I'll be there!
Title: Re: 02x05 Fight Back
Post by: Klaw on August 27, 2016, 10:03:17 AM
This is TODAY!!!
Title: Re: 02x05 Fight Back
Post by: Klaw on August 27, 2016, 03:40:07 PM
Firstly, want to verify that everyone involved had a good time!

Secondly: Thank you Pupbenny, Spartanninja123, Jack Telford, and Minebuild02 for stopping by this week - I definitely hope to see you stop in more often :)

Thirdly. Personally, I feel like I have set the bar too high for myself now. I think the episode went very well, I feel it was very engaging, and I was able to keep my hand out of most peolple's business (which I love not having to give direction :P)

So - thank you all for bringing your A-game! YOU made this story a success!

Next Week: We have our first MACO Episode of the Season (watch for information and a sneak peek of Valkyrie in the next couple of days...)
Title: Re: 02x05 Fight Back
Post by: Jack Telford on August 27, 2016, 03:46:53 PM
Had a great time!
Title: Re: 02x05 Fight Back
Post by: StringTheorist on August 27, 2016, 04:23:00 PM
Quote from: Klaw on August 27, 2016, 03:40:07 PM
Firstly, want to verify that everyone involved had a good time!
Verified, and glad that I could help in my own special way with the Romulans!  :)
Title: Re: 02x05 Fight Back
Post by: minebuild02 on August 28, 2016, 04:01:07 AM
Temporal Affairs is going to be very pleased with what I've managed to record.
hides a couple of 24th century PADDs in his uniform