The Last Outpost

Gaming Divisions => Star Trek: Daedalus => Archived SRPs => Serial Roleplays => RPG-X => Season 2 Review => Topic started by: Klaw on August 28, 2016, 02:31:53 AM

Title: 02x06 Valkyrie
Post by: Klaw on August 28, 2016, 02:31:53 AM

(https://last-outpost.net/forum/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2FxMb2aKL.png&hash=7c96e0421fc56f65eacf6cd25a7cfaff98ae57ed)
Date: March 13, 2156
Airdate: Saturday, September 3rd at 13:30 EST (18:30 BST) (17:30 GMT)

Commanding Officer's Log: Major Veronica James reporting, March 13th, 2156.

Valkyrie, deriving from the Norse mythology; it seems fairly well deserved name. She's a brutal craft, able to choose who lives and who dies. According to Command, Valkyrie is a mid-range Assault and support craft designed for troop deployment, air support, and when needed, short warp trips. With a maximum speed of Warp 2, she's not going to be breaking any speed records but, she'll at least give us an opportunity to explore some of the star systems nearby.

Ever since the Icarus dropped her off, three days ago, I've been itching to take her out for a spin. I finally convinced the Refugee leaders to settle their people, and relax, giving Patterson a break from his constant headache and ultimately diffusing a situation preventing me from leaving the station. Now here I am, with my small crew of 10 of the finest soldiers I have, about to undergo a small, week long journey exploring the region.

This is going to be a great week...
Title: Re: 02x06 Valkyrie
Post by: Klaw on August 28, 2016, 04:18:02 PM
A few quick notes:

Keep an eye out for a new map! I'll likely have it ready no later than Friday! (And I'll post a reminder when I get it released)

Remember, this is a MACO episode! Your Starfleet character is off on the other side of the quadrant fighting Romulans! We're going to take a look at life on another front (Somewhere near Bajoran Space)

I may have more notes, but I can't think of them right now :P



Title: Re: 02x06 Valkyrie
Post by: Scott Archer on August 28, 2016, 05:37:32 PM
I should make this :)
Seems to be a good episode to return on too!
Title: Re: 02x06 Valkyrie
Post by: Shoot on August 29, 2016, 12:59:41 AM
I shall be there!
Title: Re: 02x06 Valkyrie
Post by: minebuild02 on August 29, 2016, 12:13:25 PM
I'll report as ordered unless I have extreme circumstances
Title: Re: 02x06 Valkyrie
Post by: StringTheorist on August 31, 2016, 12:10:23 PM
 I'm afraid the MACOs won't have their doctor for their first mission. At the time of the SRP I'll be on-stage at a church giving a speech for my grandparents' 50th Wedding Anniversary party.
Title: Re: 02x06 Valkyrie
Post by: Shoot on August 31, 2016, 12:15:02 PM
50th?! Wow. Congratulations for them, love is an awesome thing!
Title: Re: 02x06 Valkyrie
Post by: Klaw on September 01, 2016, 03:51:47 PM
Tick, tock goes the clock
Poor Klaw, the frantic mapper
Tick, Tock torture stock
Please don't grab the zapper. :P

Map link will be up sometime late tomorrow night (or really early Saturday) it's a small map, so it'll be a small file.
Title: Re: 02x06 Valkyrie
Post by: Jack Telford on September 01, 2016, 03:53:32 PM
Quote from: Klaw on September 01, 2016, 03:51:47 PM
Tick, tock goes the clock
Poor Klaw, the frantic mapper
Tick, Tock torture stock
Please don't grab the zapper. :P

Map link will be up sometime late tomorrow night (or really early Saturday) it's a small map, so it'll be a small file.
Klaw I am so sorry ( espically because I just joined)  but I may or may not make it depending on when we leave and get there. Its only like a 4 hour trip but still.
Title: Re: 02x06 Valkyrie
Post by: Jack Telford on September 02, 2016, 06:41:02 PM
Quote from: Jack Telford on September 01, 2016, 03:53:32 PM
Quote from: Klaw on September 01, 2016, 03:51:47 PM
Tick, tock goes the clock
Poor Klaw, the frantic mapper
Tick, Tock torture stock
Please don't grab the zapper. :P

Map link will be up sometime late tomorrow night (or really early Saturday) it's a small map, so it'll be a small file.
Klaw I am so sorry ( espically because I just joined)  but I may or may not make it depending on when we leave and get there. Its only like a 4 hour trip but still.
I'll be there :D
Title: Re: 02x06 Valkyrie
Post by: Klaw on September 02, 2016, 06:41:54 PM
Quote from: Jack Telford on September 02, 2016, 06:41:02 PM
Quote from: Jack Telford on September 01, 2016, 03:53:32 PM
Quote from: Klaw on September 01, 2016, 03:51:47 PM
Tick, tock goes the clock
Poor Klaw, the frantic mapper
Tick, Tock torture stock
Please don't grab the zapper. :P

Map link will be up sometime late tomorrow night (or really early Saturday) it's a small map, so it'll be a small file.
Klaw I am so sorry ( espically because I just joined)  but I may or may not make it depending on when we leave and get there. Its only like a 4 hour trip but still.
I'll be there :D

Good to hear!

This is Tomorrow!!!n
Title: Re: 02x06 Valkyrie
Post by: StringTheorist on September 02, 2016, 09:58:10 PM
Again, so sorry to miss this.  :(  But I will grab the map and put it into my game when it goes up for future use! Good luck everyone.
Title: Re: 02x06 Valkyrie
Post by: Klaw on September 03, 2016, 11:35:23 AM
https://1drv.ms/u/s!AiI3wxAqoQpZkECRlO_zEQP2tbAL

Valkyrie has LANDED!!!


It's not perfect, but she'll work just fine for the next couple of weeks :)
Title: Re: 02x06 Valkyrie
Post by: Klaw on September 03, 2016, 03:16:25 PM
A man Stranded by a mine, an unknown vessel approaching from the darkness...

almost sounds familiar... http://memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/Minefield_(episode)

Truth is, I had nearly 12 episodes written for this week, and none of them seemed quite right, so you all just experienced a Klaw Maneuver...

Next week, is a modified tale of one of the 12 episodes I had written.

Will Valkyrie get out of the Minefield? Will Bunt Survive? Is the approaching ship a friend, or a foe? - Find out next week! Same Daedalus Time, Same Daedalus Channel! :P