The Last Outpost

Gaming Divisions => Star Trek: Asteroid Field => Archived SRPs => Serial Roleplays => RPG-X => Writer's Corner => Topic started by: Grizz on November 07, 2016, 07:35:06 AM

Title: SRP Update - Convergence Awaits (November 2016)
Post by: Grizz on November 07, 2016, 07:35:06 AM
1653 days since 'Treasures From Accobar, (http://www.last-outpost.net/forum/index.php/topic,3520.0.html)' the Accobi Bracelet - a once mere trinket discovered by Doctor Rush's team - now holds the key to unlocking the technologies available to defend against an oncoming storm.

1583 days since 'The Hot Zone (http://www.last-outpost.net/forum/index.php/topic,3918.0.html)' introduced the Halkonian nanovirus lingering dormant in Craig McClintock's body, theorized to be capable of fully integrating with the Accobi defense grid within the asteroid field.

1464 days since President Taylor was sworn in to office in 'Necessary Force (http://www.last-outpost.net/forum/index.php/topic,4356.0.html)' and construction of Pioneer Station began, her presidency approaches its final days as the legacy she leaves behind may be all that stands between the free citizens of the galaxy and the hellfire of an Accobi invasion.

1171 days since the series was turned on its head in 'Kingdom of the Heavens (http://www.last-outpost.net/forum/index.php/topic,5798.0.html)' with the revelation that the Halkonians were not as extinct as was believed. It was also the day that David Rush was lost in action attempting to warn the crew of the Hera that they were in great danger.

1052 days since the protectors of Accobar, past, present and future united to fight a horde of familiar and unfamilar foes within the asteroid field - in the special episode 'Shattered Reflections (http://www.last-outpost.net/forum/index.php/topic,6302.0.html)' - including the first sighting of the seemingly majestic Accobi.

737 days since the Federation-Halkonian conflict ended when the Accobar Rift was sealed via the destruction of the spatial regulator buried beneath the Acropolis of Nyx on Accobar III in the climactic 'Pantheon of Accobar. (http://www.last-outpost.net/forum/index.php/topic,7497.0.html)' It was the day Daniel Thrace gave his life fighting a powerful Accobi being. It was the day Denara Clarke believed the Accobi-Halkonian war to have ended. It was the day the Accobi were deemed to no longer be a threat to the galaxy.

576 days since an errant signal on Accobar III brought Pioneer close to destruction in 'The Accobi Resurgence (http://www.last-outpost.net/forum/index.php/topic,7922.0.html)' - one which ultimately provided a small glimmer of hope that Daniel Thrace somehow survived in some form following his apparent sacrifice.

534 days since the Accobar Conspiracy at large came to the fore as Maria Vega enacted her part in a masterplan to seize control of Accobar and hold the Federation hostage in 'Dark Star. (http://www.last-outpost.net/forum/index.php/topic,8000.0.html)'

106 days since Maria Vega was killed, Doctor Rogan's extensive research in to the Halkonian nanoviris paid off and David Rush's survival was revealed on the brink on an Accobi invasion in 'Truth Will Out (http://www.last-outpost.net/forum/index.php/topic,8000.0.html).'

50 days since the 'Cabal (http://www.last-outpost.net/forum/index.php/topic,9050.0.html)' at the heart of the conspiracy begun an all-out offensive on Pioneer Station to ensure that 'Convergence' takes on schedule in the year 2393.




I can not pretend to hide my exhaustion of this series and those that preceded it. Come December 21st, it will have been nine years since Star Trek: Asteroid Base came to be and the Accobar saga began. It will have been four and a half years since that story began at The Last Outpost. Some characters stayed longer than others and some of you have been with me for this entire leg of the journey. The cycling of the crew roster has been what has kept the SRP going this long. Everyone has brought something new and interesting to the Accobar system which has steadied the course through what has been an occasionally very rough adventure as I have tried to keep the lore in check.

But at last here we are. With the likes of Daniel Thrace and David Rush back in the frame, with the final appearances of Amber Munro, Renee Hampton, Denara Clarke and more still to come, this is a story that is finally drawing to a close. If any of you have specific endings for your characters in mind, or even just a vague ideas of where you want them to end up, now is the time to let me know and I will do what 'bigger picture' stuff I can to make it happen. Beyond that, I can only try to do justice to the length of the series, the length of time you have put in to playing these characters and the personal stories that you have all woven in over the years.

We're almost there, folks. I won't pretend the second half of the series will be a smooth ride - I'm sure there will be more delays along the way as I try to balance an increasingly demanding focus on how this will all wrap up with my actual working life. So thank you all again for your patience and for making this surprisingly big part of my life very special indeed.

The 80th episode will serve as the mid-season finale, but before the start of the second half, the crucial 'Dawn of Conspiracy' special will be running - weaving the entire history of the series together from the perspective of Admiral Charles Kort and numerous other villains that have graced the Accobar System.

Damn, do I have some Word documents to type up....
Title: Re: SRP Update - Convergence Awaits (November 2016)
Post by: Martin Thompson on November 13, 2016, 05:51:20 PM
Thanks for the recap Grizz. It's been so long now, I sometimes forget some of the stuff. Fortunately for you and your meticouly well kept archival records (kudos to you) we can still all enjoy the story that has been laid out.

I can't imagine its been 4.5 years since I signed up for Asteroid Base. I'll have to start working on some closure for my characters I suppose... Its nice to have that though, not something all SRP's can end with. It has been one hell of a ride with you and all others. Of course, I'll need to have something special planned for the finale for the sisters Etis, I'll contact you about it ;)
Title: Re: SRP Update - Convergence Awaits (November 2016)
Post by: Mutatio Nomen on November 14, 2016, 12:10:02 PM
Wow, hard to believe that's the chronologic of our tale so far, awesome. What will McClintock do now? ...what will I do!? :P