The Last Outpost

Gaming Divisions => Star Trek: Daedalus => Archived SRPs => Serial Roleplays => RPG-X => Season 2 Review => Topic started by: Klaw on December 10, 2016, 04:10:54 PM

Title: 02x20 Prisoners of War
Post by: Klaw on December 10, 2016, 04:10:54 PM

(https://last-outpost.net/forum/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2FLZqPgvU.png&hash=8809aa2911b7efec0779a8baab9f0a902be68a36)
Date: August 19th, 2156
Airdate: Saturday, February  4th at 13:30 EST (18:30 GMT)

For nearly 2 years, Admiral Walter Pierce of United Earth Starfleet has been believed to be dead. The truth is, he was captured mid-transport. For two years, Walter Robert Pierce has been bounced around, praying for death - and it would appear that he is close to his wish.

The Romulan Penal Colony that he's ended up on is one of the most dangerous places in the galaxy. No Guards, no rules - save one: The law of Survival. The prisoners are able to undertake jobs, ranging from working the mine, to producing parts and equipment for the war effort - to even a sort of Gladiatorial Death match or assassination of fellow prisoners. To reward the prisoners, the Romulans allow for rations, and even a consideration for Romulan citizenship and freedom in the Empire, if one proves their worth and dedication to the empire. At this stage, Walter Pierce's bounty is up to 7 times normal rations.

No where to run, and nowhere to hide, the prisoners live out a meager existence - trying to survive one day at a time.
Title: Re: 02x16 Prisoners of War
Post by: Klaw on December 11, 2016, 12:30:48 AM
Notes:

There are only two human characters on this colony - plan accordingly!

Those characters are Walter Pierce... and a blast from the past Emily Chafak.

pay close attention to the things I mentioned above - in particular the line near the end about no where to run, and no where to hide. Our only way off this rock is if the Romulans let us off - so keep prison breaks to a minimum :P

We're going to get a good idea of some of the goings on in the galaxy - leading to the season finale. lots of things are amping up, and it's going to get very tense, very fast.

We will also unmask the director, officially (once more) - note: if your Daedalus character isn't here (and they aren't) then your character won't know who the Director really is, so be careful about talking about him in subsequent episodes...

This prison is going to be,,, odd, and rightfully so - no guards, no rules - Darn near anything goes! have fun with it (Because I sure will)

I may have more later
Title: Re: 02x16 Prisoners of War
Post by: StringTheorist on December 11, 2016, 02:13:33 AM
I will be there
Title: Re: 02x16 Prisoners of War
Post by: Shoot on December 11, 2016, 03:39:48 AM
I'll be there!
Title: Re: 02x16 Prisoners of War
Post by: markaous on December 14, 2016, 12:40:43 PM
ill be there
Title: Re: 02x16 Prisoners of War
Post by: Klaw on December 16, 2016, 08:00:09 AM
I'm afraid I need to postpone this episode. Life has taken off this week, and I'm still holding on tight waiting for it to stop :P

I'll look over the remainder of the season and see where I can best fit this in. It may be the new season finale :P (I have some great ideas for it)
Title: Re: 02x16 Prisoners of War
Post by: markaous on December 16, 2016, 01:16:16 PM
understandable and i hope things are ok  :)
Title: Re: 02x16 Prisoners of War
Post by: Shoot on December 16, 2016, 03:51:48 PM
Alright.
Title: Re: 02x16 Prisoners of War
Post by: Klaw on January 15, 2017, 11:59:11 PM
This will be the Season Finale :D

So... spoilers :P

You may remember last season's Finale (Located here (I'm a link) (http://www.last-outpost.net/forum/index.php/topic,8556.0.html)!) - we were welcomed by "An Explorer" who utilized some higher powers to communicate the future to Jeremey Scott.

... I suspect We could call this episode "Visions, Part II"


There will be a sizable break between this episode and Season 3 as I endeavor to bring a good, stable final product for the Nova - it'll very much be needed :)

Last brief Spoiler. Sometimes a hero is a person who has been pushed too hard, and has broken under the strain to become the villain they fear :)

We have a couple weeks to go before revisiting this one - so hang in there - it'll be a fun ride :D
Title: Re: 02x16 Prisoners of War
Post by: Klaw on January 28, 2017, 03:25:33 PM
I have nothing more to add except - This is Next week, and it'll mean I'll need to renumber episodes :P
Title: Re: 02x20 Prisoners of War
Post by: StringTheorist on January 31, 2017, 06:38:20 PM
Looking forward to it
Title: Re: 02x20 Prisoners of War
Post by: Shoot on February 01, 2017, 01:18:09 AM
I will be present and accounted for.
Title: Re: 02x20 Prisoners of War
Post by: SmartScout on February 01, 2017, 09:27:50 AM
I'll try to be there.
Title: Re: 02x20 Prisoners of War
Post by: Klaw on February 03, 2017, 12:42:45 PM
There are two main factions in the prison.

The Largest faction is lead by a character called Drax. New arrivals are usually... forced into an initiation ritual of some variety, and either join up with him, are put into some form of slavery, or are killed off quickly.

The Other faction is considerably smaller, but considered equally as powerful. This faction is lead by Walter Pierce.

The types of People we can expect in this prison:

Walter Pierce and Emily Chafak are the only two Humans.

Vulcans who spoke out against Administrator V'las

Members of the Andorian Imperial Guard who were among those captured for scientific experimentation in preparation for the Invasion of Andoria (Which hasn't happened yet - this episode takes place a couple weeks prior to the invasion)

Doctor Sylis' Clone Templates.

Klingon Political Prisoners, brought in after Klaw's Rise to power.

Orions and various other members of the syndicate that failed to deliver for the Romulan Empire.

Surgically Altered Romulan Spies who either failed in their missions, or are simply planted there to monitor the prison.

And probably MANY Many more! - so have fun deciding where YOUR Character is going to fall into this.


Characters so far:

Walter Pierce - Played by Klaw

Emily Chafak - Played by Shoot

K'Leor, Daughter of Klaw - Played by Stringtheorist


The Bad Guys:

Drax - Played by Klaw
Title: Re: 02x20 Prisoners of War
Post by: Klaw on February 04, 2017, 03:04:36 PM
Those of you who missed it - where were you?

in any event...

Highlights, because some elements of this may be confusing without context.

Pierce and a number of other prisoners are now Citizens of the Romulan Star Empire (and we'll see some of them again real soon)

Pierce was approached with a very realistic dream, with a simple, yet semi-cryptic message. "Iconia awaits"

And that's the rough highlights that will matter in Season 3 :D :P