(https://last-outpost.net/forum/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2FtIDJSpo.png&hash=3a1ddfac46348bbb5327842156c8d75c09ab6047)
Date: November 3rd 2156
Revised Airdate: Saturday, July 1st at 15:00 EDT (20:00 BST)
Two days in, and the Captains' Summit has been going in full swing. Each captain is helping pinpoint specific targets that they can handle, debating strategies and ultimately looking for a way to try to stay alive long enough to make a difference.
Meanwhile, on the other end of the nebula,
Nova is patrolling the far reaches - a fair distance away from the rest of the fleet (But still within range if assistance is needed). Commanded by Commander Tancredi, Nova is on the lookout for any Romulan incursions within this hiding spot. And while most of the crew hope to not see a soul - one officer in particular is hoping for quite the opposite...
Confirmations for July 1st
Shoot - Attending
Stringtheorist - Attending
Tanglepaw12 - Attending
Martin Thompson - Guest ( :D ) - Attending
Scott Archer - Unable to Attend
Ramsey - Unable to Attend
Unconfirmed
CoS Tuvok - attended
A Few Quick Notes:
Some reading material to (if nothing else) help jog the memory of the origins of this story:
https://last-outpost.net/forum/index.php/topic,8689.0.html
https://last-outpost.net/forum/index.php/topic,9013.0.html
This episode is going to have a lot to do for everyone - but there will be a big spotlight on two officers:
Easley
Tancredi.
This is intended to be one of those character pieces that I've mentioned a time or two, and as such, I'm going to try and tailor the story to these two. (Never fear - I hope to give everyone an opportunity for at least one tailored episode :) ).
Commodore Nolan, Captain Scott, CJ and Chef are all on the Defiant still - So Scott, you and I will need some Junior alternates.
I can see this episode having a lot of great story telling potential; and I am going to do everything I can to tap into it and make the good story telling ooze from it's core :)
It should be good, Romulans - An Angry Tancredi, a Nebula, Easley taking over the Mess while Chef is out - it's all here :)
I, of course will be there! Time to give the Romulans their medicine.
Playing with an idea on how to better my more "Hands off" moments during the stories:
I'll have more details later, but my suggestion would be to start digging out a D6 die :)
I will be there for it this time since it looks interesting, ( it was bad that I got sick during the last episode that I had to miss it)
I'll be there!
Some fun little spoilers (based solely on my preliminary story ideas)
Nova is about to go lone wolf...
The folks we may or may not be seeing - could be the same ships we caught last week - and thought we escaped from.
This nebula is of a similar class and structure as the Mutara Nebula from Star Trek II - so shields, are useless and sensors/communications are reduced.
We could possibly take our first look at some secrets behind the curtain of the Romulan war effort - or not, depends on how the dice land :P
This is also going to be a nice time where we'll meet the senior MACO (or soon to be senior MACO) serving on Nova - and pulling double duty in Sickbay?! (More on him later).
Think that's all I have for now.
Be sure to let me know who to expect (And who not to) :)
Postponed due to an apparent lack of availability from participants.
Please note, the Attendance Policy is about to be updated, Starting this Saturday - Failure to respond to roll calls can and will lead to removal from senior officer roles.
I cannot attend as I have a soccer game tomorrow at 15:00 EDT, but I may be able to make the end. I will forward you my schedule shortly.
I'll be here!
Quote from: Klaw on June 23, 2017, 03:29:31 PM
Postponed due to an apparent lack of availability from participants.
Please note, the Attendance Policy is about to be updated, Starting this Saturday - Failure to respond to roll calls can and will lead to removal from senior officer roles.
Ramsey and Tuvok - just incase you didn't see - it's not today, it's next week. Ya'll were too late in letting me know (assuming you were referring to today) :(
Ah sorry, saw the red writing saying 24th June. Also apologise for not letting you know sooner, didn't really know till today if i was going to attend, Mum has been in hospital since monday so pretty much, keeping the house tidy, cleaning, washing etc etc has fell to me since i was off a second week on my vacation.
Quote from: Ramsey on June 24, 2017, 03:14:32 PM
Ah sorry, saw the red writing saying 24th June. Also apologise for not letting you know sooner, didn't really know till today if i was going to attend, Mum has been in hospital since monday so pretty much, keeping the house tidy, cleaning, washing etc etc has fell to me since i was off a second week on my vacation.
No worries - you're not alone on this front :P I'm trying to get more people to communicate with me - sooner rather than later so that when I plan an episode, I can try and plan it based on who to expect there. (That's kinda why I keep repeating myself, because 1, some folks appear to not be understanding that point/not reading the message(s) or 2. because I want you all to understand, fully that I'm trying to tailor this series to each of you.)
Daedalus wouldn't (and won't) happen unless people committed to being there, are there or are willing/able to give some heads up as to why they may not be there.
I sincerely hope I'm not coming across as a hardass - but I can't RP by myself, and I can't run a successful episode without most of my Senior Staff. - that's all I'm trying to say :)
Communicate with me, and I'm a very happy guy :)
Hope to see you all next week
And Ramsey, Sorry to hear about you mom - My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family - I hope she has a speedy recovery :).
Wont be able to attend this Saturday ( 1st July) Working the late shift till 10pm (Yay me! >.<)
As we discussed the other day, I will be unavailable on the second. I am now also unavailable on the 9th :(
So you can pretty much count me out for July, I'll only be around on the 16th
Will there be an episode on the 1st? I could make that.
This is the episode on the first (postponed from last week)
Look forward to seeing you, Martin
Updated the opening thread. I think a running tally under the episode info may be a nice thing to have, to help keep me organized (especially in situations like this)
I *Think* it's up to date. if I forgot someone's reply, and have you marked in the wrong group, please let me know :)
I will be there
CSO/Executive Chef Ashton Easley shall be present and accounted for.
I shall be present for this also.
I may be there, but I make no promises due to soccer :( but this weekend is possible
Quote from: CoS Tuvok on June 28, 2017, 07:50:27 PM
I may be there, but I make no promises due to soccer :( but this weekend is possible
Acknowledged.
Going to leave you as unconfirmed - let me know closer to time for sure if you can :)
Looks like our guest appearance will put us over the edge. This is Saturday (barring any unexpected circumstances)
I may be able to make it only if it rains on Saturday but I'll try my best.
Just a record - this episode was directed by the roll of the dice. My bad rolling ability put us in a fun predicament.
So - with that said
I now see us doing 3 Episodes to build up to the Mid-Season finale:
Displaced Part 1 - Next Week, MACO Story - We follow up on the now stranded MACOs and ECS Crews - who fell behind while the fleet tried to run.
Displaced Part 2 - Nolan and Jeremy Scott make Landfall on a desert world, apparently inhabited by Pirates, thieves and scoundrels. They learn from locals that it's called Nimbus 3...
Displace Part 3 - Commander Johnson has assumed command of the fleet, and of Nova and is now trying to figure out the next move, without the Commodore or Captain Scott in the picture, and with Romulans in Hot pursuit.
I look forward to what's coming up, and that was a fun episode even though at times I felt that we where all going to die especially with the fleet of ships that came to attack us but other then that it was awesome and fun.
Yes, indeed, it was fun! :P Sneaks out