Good Morning everyone,
I am pleased to announce that Klaw has been elected as President of The Last Outpost! Effective immediately, Klaw is hereby invested with the powers of the office of President. My congratulations to you on your election, I very much look forward to seeing how you will guide this community as we venture forward into new waters. Be assured of the support of the Cabinet and this community in this enterprise.
I also want to take a moment to thank all of our candidates who ran for President. I was very impressed with the thoughtfulness of your answers to very difficult Q&A questions, as well as your very good ideas for the future of this community. I encourage all of you to continue to be involved in the community and, if you are not already, to consider running for other leadership positions in the future. We are lucky to have you all as members of our Community!
I finally want to take a moment to once again thank Serris for his long service as President of The Last Outpost. Being President can be difficult, but Serris has always preformed his duties well—and I am convinced that his leadership is a significant reason that this community still exists. I will always be grateful for his hard efforts on behalf of this community that I love so much, and I look forward to seeing how he will continue to contribute to this community in the future.
-Jenson
Congratulations Klaw.
I look forward to see how and where you'll be guiding this community and to be working with you.
Congratulations Klaw on being elected as the president of The Last Outpost!
Congratulations Klaw!
Now I need another new XO :P
Congratulations to my wonderful friend Klaw! You're always looking to help and grow the community! You deserve this Presidency! I wish you the best of luck in your time as President and keep on working hard!
P.S.
String ate your cookies!
Congrats Klaw :) I had no doubt you'd be voted in as President
I would have had this up sooner, but School starts tomorrow - so work has been CRAZY!!!!!
Before I go any further, I want to let you know that I accept this position with a great deal of humility. I am honored to be standing here now, as President of the Last Outpost. I want to thank you for your overwhelming support, and I want to do whatever I can to help guide us down whatever path we choose to take.
I woke up this morning, in relatively high spirits. I had been watching the poll for some time, and had been planning my first moves as president for nearly a week. Today, I'm happy to bring these plans into the foreground for public viewing.
I am calling for a Cabinet meeting on September 2nd, at 2:00 pm EDT (Daedalus will be on hiatus this week, so the meeting at this time should be ideal).
At the meeting, I am going to start discussing breaking up the RPG-X monopoly on weekends, and enacting a rotating cycle of events from all of our divisions during prime time weekend hours.
We will also begin planning a Fall Fest of some kind, to help garner some excitement, and help boost our community even further. A few ideas I have for the Fall fest could link ALL of TLO's SRPs (including the upcoming STO one) on one large story arc. – as well as a SE and Minecraft Buildfest – and maybe a Fleet Ops Tournament? – who knows?
Outside of these ideas, I'd like to work with the division and department commanders to try and schedule some semi-regular meetings for me to sit in on with their departments – to try and offer help, and keep TLO's resources flowing in a solid path toward our expansion efforts.
Going forward, I believe TLO is on the verge of a massive re-awakening. We are taking our first steps now. I am honored to be able to help guide us toward this end, and I am beyond excited to see what's waiting for us along the way.
If I may echo my words in the recent issue of Ex Astra – Lite: "I am speaking to you now as a founder of this community: do not panic; for every sunset brings a sunrise.
TLO is changing, and honestly, this is the first real bout of change that this community has seen in roughly 3 years. With change, brings concern, doubt, and fear, but it should also bring hope. TLO as a whole is stepping out into a "brave new world", "seeking out new life and new civilizations". Together we are going boldly where we have never gone before."
Let's take this journey together, and let's see what's out there.
Also, if IA would be so kind as to start up RPG-X XO elections, that would be wonderful.
if I left anything out, please let me know.
Let's make TLO Grow, together :) We have plenty of work to do
(https://last-outpost.net/forum/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2Fw5puYhz.png&hash=7272cbd52a96bb747b3855cd5c20c6d045b35827)
congradulations klaw and I wish you a lot of luck as you take your first steps as president, and I hope to see a lot of good things come from it. :)
Congratulations, Klaw ^-^
Congrats Klaw!!
Congratulations Klaw. I'm really exited to see you, someone who has been really active for TLO the past few months, heading it now. You have my full support and I'm looking forward to see where TLO goes under new leadership!
majQa' President klaw! je vItIvrupchu' latlh DIS tlo vIbejDI' ngaq legh. kapla! X)