The Last Outpost

Member Services => Engineering => Resolved Support Requests => Topic started by: newhalo123 on March 18, 2011, 01:21:09 PM

Title: Read past end of server message
Post by: newhalo123 on March 18, 2011, 01:21:09 PM
I sometimes get this In RPG-X. not sure why, I connect to the server, get to the part where it says "awaiting Snapshot", then dumps me back to main menu with the error. Not sure what to do.... And as it does not always happen, I don't know how to show you exactly what it says...
Title: Re: Read past end of server message
Post by: Veritas on March 18, 2011, 01:42:46 PM
Take a look at some of the steps here: http://last-outpost.net/forum/index.php?topic=947.0 (//http://last-outpost.net/forum/index.php?topic=947.0)

Are you using vanilla EF or ioCow/ioEF? Is autodownloading off?
Title: Re: Read past end of server message
Post by: newhalo123 on March 18, 2011, 02:41:13 PM
I'm using vanilla. i also get the message when i create a server just to fool around in with. it always happens with the Poseidon B, but when i join your server it works fine with Poseidon B... not sure what to do. did all the steps, and it still does it. I got the hunkmegs to go to 400(i have 3GB ram) and it still happens.
Title: Re: Read past end of server message
Post by: Veritas on March 18, 2011, 03:04:27 PM
Okay - I highly recommend using ioCow or ioEF. We have a convenient install guide here: http://last-outpost.net/forum/index.php?topic=49.0 (//http://last-outpost.net/forum/index.php?topic=49.0)

That should fix your problems. However, you can also try setting com_hunkmegs higher (I suggest at least 1024 if you have 3GB RAM) and you can try closing background programs when EF starts to free up memory. Vanilla EF is simply not designed for the kind of multi-featured maps RPG-X uses.
Title: Re: Read past end of server message
Post by: newhalo123 on March 18, 2011, 06:45:31 PM
What is the difference between ioCow and IoEF?
Title: Re: Read past end of server message
Post by: Brex on March 18, 2011, 06:50:06 PM
ioCow has some additional functions (you can minimize the screen - lol) and /I think/ has better Mac/Linux support.