The Last Outpost

General Discussion => Introduce Yourself! => Topic started by: spillwaybrain on January 14, 2018, 11:09:08 AM

Title: Another new guy, checking in!
Post by: spillwaybrain on January 14, 2018, 11:09:08 AM
Hey everyone! Found this place when I heard about Holomatch through the grapevine. I'd heard about RPG-X and, I think, TLO back in the day. I spent some time doing texture work for mods for EF and EF2 circa 2002-2004 and always liked the idea of building stories collaboratively.


I don't know how much time I can devote to ongoing RPs (between being a parent and having a bunch of ongoing projects of my own), but if there are some core maps or things that the community plays on I'd love to help develop them. Is there a general ongoing storyline or anything, or is it all smaller stories?


Cheers!
Title: Re: Another new guy, checking in!
Post by: Serris on January 14, 2018, 11:55:41 AM
First, I'd like to welcome you to our humble abode. TLO is a very small community and we appreciate it when people are motivated enough by what we have to offer to engage with us about it. We support longer story arcs in addition to smaller, one-off stories. I invite you to check out our Serial Roleplay (https://last-outpost.net/forum/index.php/board,16.0.html) board, which contains a catalogue of all serials, past and present. Currently, Star Trek: Daedalus (https://last-outpost.net/forum/index.php/board,409.0.html) is our only active long-form roleplay, but Grizz is developing a new mini-series, Call of the Void (https://last-outpost.net/forum/index.php/board,454.0.html), which has a trailer you can view here (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oGUDdIfL5Vk).

Second, we're mostly active in RPG-X on weekends, though if you can rope up enough people for a mid-week time slot, we'd be happy to reserve server time for you and set up whatever settings you need. If you need a good mid-week stress reliever, we also offer a server for Star Trek: Voyager Elite Force and a multiplayer client you can download here (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oGUDdIfL5Vkh). That tends to have more consistent activity throughout the week.

If you have any other questions, feel free to ask!
Title: Re: Another new guy, checking in!
Post by: spillwaybrain on January 14, 2018, 01:15:48 PM
Thanks Serris![/size]


I guess I have two main questions, since I'm trying to get up to speed.


First - the Poseidon map, which seems to be a default of sorts - is that like a hub? Like, a standing map for drop-in RP when there isn't a SRP happening? Or is the playerbase not big enough for that to be a thing?


Second - if I did want to contribute to the development of some of the maps and stuff, who would I talk to about that?
Title: Re: Another new guy, checking in!
Post by: Shoot on January 14, 2018, 01:27:35 PM
Welcome, and yeah, the Poseidon is the default map of our server, as all of the versions of RPG-X TLO provides has that map included in them.
Title: Re: Another new guy, checking in!
Post by: Andzzy on January 14, 2018, 06:47:30 PM
Welcome to TLO, spillwaybrain! To answer your second question, I would definitely talk to Klaw. He's our resident Map Whiz Klingon, and he can without a doubt navigate his way around Radiant (the mapping program for RPG-X) better than anyone else I know. It can be daunting but if you're truly interested in helping out that way, that's where I would start! Once again welcome and I hope you enjoy your time here!