News:

These forums are now archived - New member registrations are closed - Please join the discussion over on our Discord

RPXef - the next generation of problems!

Started by Nifty, April 21, 2011, 03:34:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nifty

Hi there!

So, with John Peters' help, I was trying to install the XEF stuff, but have come across some problems:

When I try to access the server it kicks me back to main menu

These are the apparent error messages:

Sys_LoadDll (UI) failed to load library
UI_ParseMenutext: too many values!
UI_ParseButtonText: too many values!


What does all this mean?

Nifty

Martin Thompson

#1
Hmm, this shouldn't happen.

I encountered this problem while modding for Single Player once, with me it was a problem of having to manu buttons in a menu, more then defined. But since
RPG-X has been tested and wasnt altered for RPG-X EF there shouldnt be a problem...

What map was the server running at the time?

Here are some common problem solvers:
- set your hunmegs higher (in the console, type in /set com_hunkmegs 256) then restart your game.
- set audo-downloading to off in the options -> general menu
- try it again on a different resolution
- try loading another map on your own (without going on a server) and see if you have the same problem

Please let me know if you found something out.


Grizz

#2
If all else fails, as a last resort, attempt an install with RPGXCE and follow the guide here:

http://last-outpost.net/forum/index.php?topic=837.0

Telex Ferra

#3
I gather that this was resolved since I've seen you on the server? How did you fix it?





Nifty

#4
well, i didn't actually get on to the xef server...or are talking about two different things?