News:

These forums are now archived - New member registrations are closed - Please join the discussion over on our Discord

Can't get online roleplays to load.

Started by Russell Xokon, July 24, 2011, 04:01:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Russell Xokon

I for some reason can't get online roleplays to load. I can create a roleplay and usually that loads fine, (Except for USS Atlantis). but when I try to load a roleplay someone else made, it won't load. Sometime it gets to the "Energizing" part of the load, and then I'm sent back to the main screen. I tried moving some files around, but now the program won't even open. When I try to open it, my screen goes black, like it's about to open, and then I go back to my desktop with a popup that say "recursive error after: UI_InitRanksData: Was unable to load default rankset: rpgx_default. Copy console to clipboard?" Any ideas on what I should do? (Oh, and by the way, I just got on here and downloaded the game yesterday, but I added alot of maps to it.)

Veritas

#1
It'd be great for you to get a condump that describes what happens when you try to connect to a server: http://last-outpost.net/forum/index.php?topic=476.0 will tell you how to do that.

Are you using RPGXCE or Elite Force?

Russell Xokon

#2
I'm using RPGXCE, and I'll see if I can do the condump.

It didn't say anything went wrong when I tried to activate it.

Actually, it seems like it restarts the program after I try to enter an online roleplay.

Wait, I found something. It said "Fatal: Can't open maps/RPg_Poseidon_B.aas

Merged Quadruple Posts. -Jenson

Veritas

#3
Are you sure you have RPGCE installed correctly, and all the way? That makes it look like you are missing the rpg_poseidon_b map, which comes standadrd. I really need to see a full condump, though - if you could upload one here.

Russell Xokon

#4
Ok, I've been trying to do a full condump, but when I go to the folder I told it to dump into, nothings there.

Russell Xokon

#5
I know I have the USS Poseidon map because I've played it by myself. Could it be that I'm not putting the maps in the right place?

Telex Ferra

#6
The map is automatically installed by RPGXCE. Unless you've moved the maps out of the baseEF or RPG-X2 folders (whichever you prefer) then they're not in the wrong place.

I suggest reinstalling.





Russell Xokon

#7
I have reinstalled and they're in the RPG-X2 folder...

Veritas

#8
Hmm. Condumps should go in the [user directory]AppDataRoamingSTVEFRPG-X2 folder, I think - but otherwise, your primary rpg-x2 folder.

Telex Ferra

#9
rmemeber

the command is

/condump .txt

if you don't add .txt it will be extension less!





Russell Xokon

#10
Nevermind, I got it working by turning autodownload on.

Veritas

#11
Great.