News:

These forums are now archived - New member registrations are closed - Please join the discussion over on our Discord

Ubergames down

Started by Martin Thompson, July 17, 2011, 05:32:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martin Thompson

Hey, the ubergames website and forum was throwing some wierd errors my way.
Is something going on with it? Has it been taken offline?


Grizz

#1
Websites go down all the time for any number of reasons. I'm certain it will be back up when they can get round to looking at it.

Martin Thompson

#2
The reason I'm asking is because I wanted to search for an issue i've been having on there. Maybe GSIO will know.

The issue is that i probably have to much brush entities in a map (new door doesn't spawn in ioCow, you just hear the sound)
but do func_usables made out of patches also count towards the brush entity limit? There are alot of patches that serve
as func_usables so if they also count as brush entities i could try to delete some of them.


Martin Thompson

#3
Ah never mind, solved it, stupid me. I copied a few pieces of hallway in a map and each piece had a func_usable for red, yellow, blue and green alert on either side of the hallway. But when you copy them they create a new entity. So those 15 or so pieces of hallway i copied gave me 4x2x15 = 120 func_usables to add to the brush entities XD.


Brex

#4

Martin Thompson

#5
Yeah i can't monitor all info feeds from all ubergames ppl...


Veritas

#6
I'm pretty sure the plan is to get things back up and running eventually... it's just gonna take time as they have to redo most of the system. Until then, TLO is here :D